HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HK 1911, cheap mags, and a bunch of other things.... Wouldn't a P7 series pistol with a nice crisp clean breaking trigger be great?

I just shot a family member's P7M8 that he knows I love, and I always shoot nice tight groups with it. I just have to shoot slow because the trigger is so different. Could you imagine if HK had got that right?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Could you imagine if HK had got that right?
You've been a good friend and that's why I'm concerned you've started sniffing glue. Shooting a P7 is like shooting with training wheels on. I wouldn't change a thing.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Got it right?! Are you sure you didn't fall through the looking glass where everything is bass ackwards?!

I have literally tens of thousands of rounds through the P7M8 and it has the finest trigger this side of a match 1911. No improvement necessary.

If you're having a problem, it's the finger, not the trigger. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it right?! Are you sure you didn't fall through the looking glass where everything is bass ackwards?!

I have literally tens of thousands of rounds through the P7M8 and it has the finest trigger this side of a match 1911. No improvement necessary.

If you're having a problem, it's the finger, not the trigger. :wink:
I'm having no problems shooting it accurately. I don't see your point at all. The P7M8's trigger is a mushy trigger with a longer than I would like reset. If they tighten the trigger up more it would be the best pistol I have ever fired.

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You've been a good friend and that's why I'm concerned you've started sniffing glue. Shooting a P7 is like shooting with training wheels on. I wouldn't change a thing.
I love the gun, but the trigger isn't the best. I can't miss with the pistol, don't get me wrong. It is a tack driver, all I am saying is, if they could just tune the trigger up a bit.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The p7 is like a 1911;; collectable but outdated.
In the case of the 1911, the Marine Corps and a number of other outfits who shoot more than paper for a living would disagree with you.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
In the case of the 1911, the Marine Corps and a number of other outfits who shoot more than paper for a living would disagree with you.
Ok, I see what pistol you're talking about and it's still not a good choice.

and to be clear, just because the military decides they want something doesn't mean it's the right choice.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I love the gun, but the trigger isn't the best. I can't miss with the pistol, don't get me wrong. It is a tack driver, all I am saying is, if they could just tune the trigger up a bit.
I hear ya. Just busting your chops. As long as I can't hit what I when I want and it goes bang every time my standards otherwise are fairly low.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ok, I see what pistol you're talking about and it's still not a good choice.

and to be clear, just because the military decides they want something doesn't mean it's the right choice.
I find it amusing that you state "it's still not a good choice" like it's a statement of fact when it's nothing more than unsubstantiated opinion. No offense, but as a former combat Marine, I'll trust the Marine Corps' judgment over yours though, in your mind, I'm sure you feel any testing you may have done was not only as thorough, but superior to theirs.

·
Registered
765 Posts
HK to debut their own phaser weapon at SHOT 2013. The device is powered by a proprietary micro power source that is reported to run for at least 50 years and will only cost a nickel to replace. The best news is that it doesn't fit ATF's definitition of a firearm, because it only projects energy, not a bullet, and does not explode or cause explosions. Therefore, there are no restrictions, special tax stamps or any other requirements for civilian ownership. MSRP $150.00

Do to the projected market impact, HK is expected to reduce the MSRP on all conventional firearms to only $100

If you're going to dream, dream big!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I find it amusing that you state "it's still not a good choice" like it's a statement of fact when it's nothing more than unsubstantiated opinion. No offense, but as a former combat Marine, I'll trust the Marine Corps' judgment over yours though, in your mind, I'm sure you feel any testing you may have done was not only as thorough, but superior to theirs.

Define for me what exactly is a "combat marine" is, lol because it sure is not an MOS. As an infantry Marine (0331) I'll trust my judgement to say I've seen the Marine Corps do some pretty stupid stuff.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I want a titanium P7 in 45acp

Sent from my iPhone 😡
(I'd rather be at the range trying to wear out my Not-LNIB gun collection.... Let's call it a BTS Beat To **** collection)

·
Registered
134 Posts
So the m9 is a good handgun? What about those ****ty mil issue mags? Military uses em.

God. I'm gonna light myself on fire if I have to read something else about 'what the mil is using'

Ask an 18B what he thinks...guarantee you his thoughts are in step with Wolvee's. Most of those guys have many choices and go with the G19 or similar.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Define for me what exactly is a "combat marine" is, lol because it sure is not an MOS. As an infantry Marine (0331) I'll trust my judgement to say I've seen the Marine Corps do some pretty stupid stuff.
You're a Marine and have never heard nor know the definition of combat Marine? You've either never worn the uniform or things have changed a LOT since my time in the Corps. A combat Marine is a Marine who has seen combat. It's that simple.

I agree. The Marine Corps (and the military, in general) do a lot of foolish things, but this pistol went through vigorous testing by a specific Marine unit for a specific purpose. This is all beside the point though. Your contention that the 1911 is antiquated is just plain wrong as proven, not only by Marine spec ops, but by countless others who have proved otherwise by putting bad guys of all kinds under the ground with them.

I don't have any dog in this fight as I no longer own or carry a 1911, but I'd never be so foolish as to say the only value of the 1911 is to the collector today. That flies in the face of reality.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks, I've spent more years in Iraq than I care to share with you.

If you and the MC want to spend $5k a piece on a 1911 to make it both reliable and accurate be my guest but it doesn't mean it's the right choice for a modern combat handgun.
Add "in my opinion" to that and you'll have no argument from me, Wolvee. :wink:

Anyway, as I said, I've no dog in this fight. I no longer own any 1911s, I got out of the Corps in 1971, and they can carry anything they want and spend what they want. It makes no difference to me.

Semper Fi, Marine!

Here's a blast from the past for you!

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you and the MC want to spend $5k a piece on a 1911 to make it both reliable and accurate be my guest but it doesn't mean it's the right choice for a modern combat handgun.
I will have a nice 1911 someday! This years tax return was supposed to go to to a wilson combat cqb or a series 70 with lots of work. Decided to finish paying off the wife's engagement ring though. So it's plastic guns for me...for now :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts