HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please let me preface that is a really dumb question but I live in a California where the gun laws are even dumber.
If I were to remove the gas piston of the mr556 would it allow me to use the upper as a single shot repeater? Would there be any possible damage?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Not a Cali resident but have Cali friends. There are more creative ways to have 416/mr556 fun than having a singe-shot mr556

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
If you simply remove the piston, then where does the gas go? It will just be a jet of gas coming out of a hole pointed back toward you. Even though it’s under a handguard, it’s not likely to be pleasant.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just get it in the featureless configuration. Fellow hk guy in ca.
It might go on an extra pistol lower but the lower was dros as a single shot. People outside of California are probably scratching their heads with all this CA stupidity.

·
Priest of the P7
5,380 Posts
It might go on an extra pistol lower but the lower was dros as a single shot. People outside of California are probably scratching their heads with all this CA stupidity.
Yep.

Reactions: Chui

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Remove gas block and gas shoots up instead of at you?

Also CA gun owner, I just use mag locks cuz I like evil features. 🙃

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think with California you'd have to do more than that to make it single shot, but I'd have to double check. During the AW ban there was talk about removing the gas tube on AR-15s to achieve the same result and the consensus was that it wasn't deliberate enough and that you'd have to plug the gas port.

Also, I'm not a fan of uncontrolled venting. If that jet of hot gas has enough oomph to cycle the action then it can be an injury waiting to happen. Stick with featureless or mag lock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts