HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So I live in Washington, the state, and as of July 22nd of last year the owning, mounting, and use of suppressors is legal. The suppressor just has to be registered federally. Naturally, being the owner of an SL-6 and an SL-7 and living in this great state, I've been considering getting them tapped and purchasing a couple. Do any of you fine folks have any suggestions on who or where I should have tap them, and what brand and model of suppressor I should consider using? Or do any of you have any compelling arguments against me going this route? Thanks for the thoughts.

- David

·
Registered
155 Posts
I assume that by "tap", you mean threading of the barrels. I would suggest that you not thread the bbls of your SL6/7s. These will not be the best of silencer hosts in their respective calibers. Also consider that the cost of doing this in threading costs and value reduction of the guns will be in excess of a host or can.

If you plan to silence .223 and .308, buy a good .30 can using a QD mount and put mounts on your hosts. I prefer the HK rifles to ARs, but the AR is a better silencer host.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, you're probably right. I was thinking about it the other night and figured it would be easier to grab the barrel from a sad 770, knock off the front iron, remove the flash suppressor, chop the threaded end, possibly attach the front iron of an SL7 mounted same distance from stock, then cut again leaving enough to thread and polish. Any thoughts on this Frankensteinian idea?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts