HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a mint shape one today with two mags and I think it called a 05 mount today .For $1200.Only thing it has a crappy Nikon scope on it .The rings are one inch.Im looking for advice on putting a period correct scope on it on..anyone give me any ideas

·
Registered
71 Posts
You did very well on the purchase as the scope mount alone sells for $500plus and the extra magazine half that depending on capacity.

I had the same question when I purchased some of the HK sporting rifles and although I had some responses, I ended up putting a Vortex Diamondback and it's worked out well. I have one on my HK 300 and had one on my HK 770 before I sold the rifle.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! You basically paid half price for the set up. Not kidding.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If indeed in mint shape then you stole that thing!

Congratulations, one of the coolest lesser known HK products.

HK Ag

·
Registered
488 Posts
You did great. I paid $2400 about 45 days ago, which was cheap at the time. SL8's were selling for $3K-3500 just prior to the election. They seem to have fallen back down to 1800-2000

·
Registered
405 Posts
A period scope would be a 4 or 6x Schmidt and Bender, Zeiss, Hensoldt or even a Swarovski. Just be careful of the diameter of the ocular end. Some scopes won't clear the rear diopter and still have proper eye relief on the SL6/7's.

Edit to add: That's if you are using the factory 05 mount. If your using the B-square or the A.R.M.S./Swan rail, you have a little better chance due to the fact you can use higher height rings on those rails.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts