HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of the precision shooting aspect of the Sl8 marketing by HK and if any members would care to share their long range shooting results.
It seems natural that the advertised1-7 twist rifling and 20 inch or 50.8 centimeter Barrel length would suite the sport of long range precision shooting well.
Please share your resulting group sizes general velocity and bullet weight from 800 yards or 730 meters and further if you care to.
Thanks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm curious about this also. I tried mounting a 3-24x50mm scope to the rifle and there wasnt enough internal elevation adjustment to bore site it with 20.6 mils of adjustment.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,959 Posts
I was shooting 77grain OTM under a minute out to 316 yards . Surprisingly the trigger and funky stock aren't that bad . I put a Tommy Built lower rail , about 3/8" lower maybe , and it helps on the cheek weld . It's a helluva range gun. We shoot High Power matches and I'll use it in those.The scope is a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x .The NXS 2.5-10 x 24 was an original contract riflescope on the U.S. military Mark 12 5.56mm Special Purpose Rifle (SPR) program. And the mount is a Geissele Super Precision High-Power Rifle “National Match” Scope Mount

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was shooting 77grain OTM under a minute out to 316 yards . Surprisingly the trigger and funky stock aren't that bad . I put a Tommy Built lower rail , about 3/8" lower maybe , and it helps on the cheek weld . It's a helluva range gun. We shoot High Power matches and I'll use it in those.The scope is a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x .The NXS 2.5-10 x 24 was an original contract riflescope on the U.S. military Mark 12 5.56mm Special Purpose Rifle (SPR) program. And the mount is a Geissele Super Precision High-Power Rifle “National Match” Scope Mount
Just like you, I had to get a lower top rail so I can mount a 3-12x44 scope. Here is best 100 yd group I have done with Norma USA tac 223 ammo. First 2 rounds are used for sight in. But I will say 5 rd group under 1 inch.
Musical instrument Guitar accessory String instrument String instrument accessory Measuring instrument

·
Registered
6,959 Posts
Just like you, I had to get a lower top rail so I can mount a 3-12x44 scope. Here is best 100 yd group I have done with Norma USA tac 223 ammo. First 2 rounds are used for sight in. But I will say 5 rd group under 1 inch.

I had the same 3 shot group ( touching ) at 100 yds . I had 2 sighters and then took the 3 shots on paper and then moved to steel at 2 and 300 yds . Ill be heading back tomorrow and take some pics . I'm trying out some 69 grain HPBT also .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a handsome setup with an interesting history behind that optic combo Crashmc. Nice shooting Silentheart.
I found a bit of .223 Remington Hornady 62 gr. black at a buck ten a round shipped that'll hopefully fit the bill.
I've had difficulty in the past finding a suitable load that jived with 1-7 but I suspect the HK barrel will be the quality edge I was looking for.
Thanks for your replies folks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts