HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After checking to see if gun was cool enough to continue firing, I noticed the barrel was loose!?!
Talked to agent and was informed (as expected) that the nuts are so damn tight that there is no way it should come loose!

Anyone heard of this happening and know what H&Ks warrantee is like ??

Cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
ouch! my eyes bleed when I read the tittle of this thread, EVIL!

I have never heard of such horror ever happening

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
A have a friend in the local PD and he also talked of a problem with melted guns around the trunnion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It is only torqued to 65ft lbs. So is there a possibility that the barrel nut came loose, I think so. Stuff happens.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
It is only torqued to 65ft lbs. So is there a possibility that the barrel nut came loose, I think so. Stuff happens.
65 lb-ft? The only way a fastener torqued to 65 lb-ft could come loose is if it WASN'T torqued to 65 lb-ft. I've twisted lots of fasteners to 65 lb-ft (small block cylinder head bolts) and that is a lot of force.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Isn't there an Alert Service Bulletin to re-torgue the Jesus nut after 5 flight hours ?
Besides good looks, is there anything to keep it from loosening ? ie tab washer, a prick punch peen. ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If its 65ft-lb, then thats ~90 Nm.. then no way in hell it can some loose.
I build race motors for a living and even 40Nm is FT (fecking tight) for a fine thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts