HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my Barrel tool from Ghille (Thanks!) and honestly, i'm horribly confused (or just having a blonde moment)... How in the !%[email protected]#%!%! do you get the tool over the gas blocks to the barrel nut?! There is NO way this tool is going to go around either my G36 or SL8 gas block. The armorers manual shows a very different tool than the one Ghille made so i'm pretty curious :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Argh that would mean I'd have to take off the flash hider and bayonet lug too :( I'm going to modify this tool to more closely mimic the HK tool which slides around the barrel hopefully that will do the trick :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
i think i should warn you, by cutting in the tool it can be "wobbly"

my barrel tool is made the same way that ghillie's tool are made, go with the hassle of removing the flash hider, gas block and bayonet lug

·
Registered
10 Posts
HK sells a three lug tool. HK factory uses a long tool that is the full length of the barrel and looks like a long pipe with four lugs. Barrel is on good and tight i have used a four lug tool that is about 8in long and had no trouble on tearing anything up

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
FYI I got the barrel off :) I cut the tool and made it a three prong and lined it with soft velcro. Works like a champ, it doesnt wobble and I dont have to take anything off :) Basically mine looks just like the one in the G36 armorers manual now.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
I wonder if receiver/trunion damage is occurring while removing and installing barrels without using the trunion rod.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wonder if receiver/trunion damage is occurring while removing and installing barrels without using the trunion rod.
I wondered the same thing, but after inspecting the trunion in my demil kit honestly I think its just fine. I may try and fab up a trunion rod for this thing using my demil front end though just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sell the tools with four contact . but can make them with just 3.. sorry about that... gald to see you got it to work...
Don't be sorry! You sent me exactly what I asked for, I just didnt know WHAT to ask for :D Everything works perfectly, thanks again Ghillie!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts