HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
HK Shooting Team
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gun that I need to help a friend remove his Raddlock as its not needed in Ga.....anybody removed one? It looks like there are 2 pins (1/2 pins) and you don't just punch it out.....if you've removed one, let me know if there is a trick

Thanks!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Cant you just push it in more or flip it around so it can be used normall ..I think that was the selling point of the rad lock was how fast you can turn into normal

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Press down and slowly wiggling around the "Raddlock mag catch" shown in above photo . The pin should drop out.

·
HK Shooting Team
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help fellas! I also got some advice from Joe at Dakota Tactical and what I ended up doing was prying the spring out first with a small flathead screwdriver. Then I used the rubber handle to whack/tap the receiver to get the 2 pins to come out a little. They slightly poked their noses out and I grabbed them with some narrow pliers!!! What a pain!!!! They sure don't drop out like the directions suggest!

For reinstalling the mag release, I found an AR slave pin from a trigger worked perfect to hold the spring in place while aligning and reinstalling. Thx Joe!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts