HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying this guy...

The thing looks awesome. Does anyone here have experiance with the HDPS guys and their conversions? Looks like they use mostly HK parts. I am really wondering if the guns will hold up in the long run or not due to the cutting and welding of the plastic parts when needed... Could be nothing to worry about though... Any thoughts?

I am looking at having them do my USC conversion as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
HDPS is the best!

You will not be dissapointed with the quality work of Ed at HDPS. He did my SL8/G36 and USC/UMP conversions and has a fast turn time, excellent customer service, and most importantly extremely high quality work. I recommend him highly and can assure you that you will be happy with any product he produces for you.

·
Registered
272 Posts
G36 Conversion

You will not be dissapointed with the quality work of Ed at HDPS. He did my SL8/G36 and USC/UMP conversions and has a fast turn time, excellent customer service, and most importantly extremely high quality work. I recommend him highly and can assure you that you will be happy with any product he produces for you.
So is the block for the G36/SL8 conversion the one that you have to cut the receiver? Overall the website is quite impressive. Buddy was right, they appear to have a quanity of HK parts.

·
Registered
731 Posts
DO IT!!! I just had Ed to ALL of my machining on my G36E conversion and its AWESOME. I cant think of ANYONE I'd rather have do it than Ed :)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you guys send your SL-8's to Ed? or did you just buy one that he had made?

James

·
Registered
222 Posts
I can't speak for the G36 conversions, but the work that was done on my USC/UMP conversion was excellent. If I ever pool the funds together for a G36 conversion, Ed would be my first choice.

·
Registered
272 Posts
SL8 conversion

For his block no cutting of the receiver is required.
Thanks Bud, his work looks very good, now time to find a SL8!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
The conversion still has the extended receiver end that has plagued the SL8 conversion since 2002. All of us original conversion guys have always had a bad "taste in our mouths" when we discuss this project. However, I believe TBostic has the answer we have all been waiting for. Thank you Tom.

Granted, Ed does top-notch work and his conversion has the 4-position G36 lower, however it is a K model clone with a C stock to make up for the increased LOP with the extended receiver end.

Also, does his have a G36K barrel or a cut down one?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I got a random question. How well would an H&K G36C rifle hold up in a tropical environment? Such as a jungle?
Probably very well, because of the heavy use of polymer that doesn't corrode. The stuff like the barrel and internals are coated or Parked.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Paletiger13 - I will have an answer for you hopefully in the next coming weeks. Tom and I started discussing this back on August 20th 2006.

I've been waiting patiently with my conversion for the last final phase.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I tend to agree with Red Cobra, the extra length block has been around for a long while, although this is not a knock on Ed's work and design, but I have started with SW's G36 conversion and work my way all the way to TBostic's Gen3 conversion where the entire rear section of the receiver is removed. I have finally settled and happy with my SL8 7 years after I bought it.

If you are a SL8 owner fearful of cutting into your priced SL8, Ed's conversion is a nice way to go, but to get the full effect a real G36, TBostic conversion is the only way to go.

·
Registered
66 Posts
$3,345 WHAT? am I wrong? Is this what the whole gun costs?

·
Registered
93 Posts
actually if you add it all up a nice conversion build can easily get upward of 4k real quick like..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts