HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an app on my iPhone, gun disassembly2. A new gun was released the other day. The SL9. It says it's a 7.62 version of the SL8. True?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I guess that means we ain't getting one?

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
why would you want one, we're finally getting the MR762 (allegedly)....

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I have an app on my iPhone, gun disassembly2. A new gun was released the other day. The SL9. It says it's a 7.62 version of the SL8. True?
It was a prototype effort by HK GmbH in response to a request from GSG-9. HK started with the .300 Whisper round from SSK in Ohio. They made some mods to the ammo and built a custom semi-auto rifle based on the SL8 platform with suppressor which became the SL9/SL9SD. I fired the weapon numerous times and it was immressuive out to @ 200 meters max. In the end GSG-9 passed on it feeling it was imply too large for what it brought to the table. It now resides in the HK Pattern Room in Oberndorf only in prototype form unliley to ever see the light fo day, especially now with the advent and strong rise of the AAC/Remington .300 Black Out cartridge and compact platforms.

G3Kurz

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks G3. You are one amazing person. I read all your responses regardless of topic simply to just get a first hand history lesson!! Thanks for the reply. Just wondering. How quiet was it?

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
I would take a SL9.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm probably getting ahead of myself, but the SL9 could mean a 7.62 G36 if put in the hands of someone like Tommy or Chopstix...

Now, wouldn't That be something?

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Thanks G3. You are one amazing person. I read all your responses regardless of topic simply to just get a first hand history lesson!! Thanks for the reply. Just wondering. How quiet was it?
Thank you.
Shame to let interesting history lie dormant in my head.
I do not recall the actual dB numbers put the goal was =/< the MP5SD. It was a big long rifle with a long suppressor but it was definately quieter than an MP5SD but pushing 220-333 grain projos. VERY accurate too - sub-MOA at 100 meters.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'm probably getting ahead of myself, but the SL9 could mean a 7.62 G36 if put in the hands of someone like Tommy or Chopstix...

Now, wouldn't That be something?
I'd love to see a G36C in .300 Blackout with BTB projos. That would make one awesome CQB gun and also be good for personal defense. However, I don't think that will ever happen since there's no requirement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts