HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I local shop has a SLB 2000 brand new for $600 or a brand new JLD PTR91C for $1100. I know they are two completely different rifles but what do you think? I truly want to add to my HK collection so the SLB 2000 is calling me.
However, I have always wanted an HK91 but the cash is a little to steep for me right now. The 91 clone brings me close to what I really want, but it is not a true HK.

My other thought is that it does not appear that there were a ton of SLB's imported so the long term investment might be there. I know they are not highly sought after but I have yet to see any HK loose much value.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Do you deer hunt at all? Because if you do, I would say get the SLB2000. $600 is a good price and it is a much better rifle than any semi auto on the market today.

It looks kind of funky, but it will out shoot a Benelli R1, Browning BAR and ANY Remington auto.

Mine will shoot an eight shot touching group at 100 yards with Winchester Silver Tips. It will shoot as good as a bolt action.

That said I deer hunt with an HK91, so I guess both are fine deer rifles.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard that the SLB is super accurate. Thank you for confiriming that!

I do deer hunt but unfortunately this is a shot gun only state.

Just a tough choice. The SLB has been there for a few years and I keep passing her by. I can here her say take me home in a lonely voice. The poor thing is all dusty except from where I pick her up once in a while. Now they have that 91 clone and it seems to be calling me! :72:

Then again I have the starting goods for a 416 clone!

What the hell is wrong with me? I guess like most others here, I suffer from gunanitius!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Choices ??

I'd get the SLB as it's rare here in the states. You can always find another PTR. I just traded a NIB SIG 556 for an SL6 for the same reason.
If you pass on the SLB, I'm interested!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bamaboy,
If I decide not to buy the SLB I will give you the store name that has it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Cool, thanks just LMK!
As far as PTRs go, I love mine!
I've been getting into collecting the hunting/sporter HKs, so far I've got a SL7, a 770, and am in the process of trading for the SL6. I've got my eye on 660. The SLB seems more desireable to me than a 940 as far as a 30'06 goes. Thus my interest in the one you have found.
Thanks again, bamaboy

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the thoughts!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts