HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I changed the trs on my p30 lem i took the non dominant side slide release off so I could push the pin out to change the trs. When i put it back together the main slide lock lever will no longer work captively. It basically works as any other hk and always comes all the way out when I field strip the pistol. Is there a way to make it captive like it originally was? Is this something I should be worried about?

·
Registered
446 Posts
The slide release is retained by the upper leg of the TRS resting on the release's cross-pin.

Is the leg of your spring laying against the back of the cross-pin or under the cross-pin?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see what you mean the old trs is longer. The light trs that Hk sent is shorter and not long enough to reach the cross pin. Should it be fine if I leave it the way it is?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I see what you mean the old trs is longer. The light trs that Hk sent is shorter and not long enough to reach the cross pin. Should it be fine if I leave it the way it is?
Yes. I bought a used P30L a few years ago. After joining here I learned about the TRS holding the slide release, which mine does not do. It's no big deal, the slide release comes out just like my HK45 and P2000. I actually like it this way and the gun has worked fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok good to know. I did notice the heavier trs has legs on it twice as long as the light trs. Is there anyway to make it captive again even with the diff trs or no?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
HK sent you the wrong spring. There is a Light TRS for the P30 series guns and there is another Light TRS for the USP/HK45/P2000 series guns. They sent you the one for the non-P30.

You'll need the correct TRS to make the slide release lever captive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks I'll give them a call. If I left the light trs spring I have now it really won't affect anyhing though besides the slide lock lever being captive right?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Ok thanks I'll give them a call. If I left the light trs spring I have now it really won't affect anyhing though besides the slide lock lever being captive right?
The position of the spring legs is reversed on the P30 series when compared to the rest of the guns. I am not 100% certain what issue(s) that would cause considering the left leg is now digging into your frame.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hk is sending me the right trs. I actually shot it yesterday with the trs that goes in the usp and p2000 and it shot great. The gentleman from Hk I spoke to said it will not affect how the gun functions and only have to do with the slide lock being captive but like I said they are sending me another one anyway

·
Registered
446 Posts
That leg should be straight -- the end engages the cross-pin. The legs are on the right sides, but that bend is wrong.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I don't know what TRS is in my preowned P30L, but it doesn't capture the slide release lever-it looks like this.

Looks like the previous owner had fun with that TRS. It is the stock TRS for the P30 series but the leg that supposedly keeps the release lever captive is bent.

·
Registered
712 Posts
what's up with that area of chewed up polymer just above the TRS?
The previous owner/Smith...cursed his or her way through a TRS install and was too cheap to buy a $13.00 HK plier to do the job correctly.

That is what is up with that chewed up area;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts