HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I changed the trs on my p30 lem i took the non dominant side slide release off so I could push the pin out to change the trs. When i put it back together the main slide lock lever will no longer work captively. It basically works as any other hk and always comes all the way out when I field strip the pistol. Is there a way to make it captive like it originally was? Is this something I should be worried about?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I see what you mean the old trs is longer. The light trs that Hk sent is shorter and not long enough to reach the cross pin. Should it be fine if I leave it the way it is?
Yes. I bought a used P30L a few years ago. After joining here I learned about the TRS holding the slide release, which mine does not do. It's no big deal, the slide release comes out just like my HK45 and P2000. I actually like it this way and the gun has worked fine.

·
Registered
18,617 Posts
HK sent you the wrong spring. There is a Light TRS for the P30 series guns and there is another Light TRS for the USP/HK45/P2000 series guns. They sent you the one for the non-P30.

You'll need the correct TRS to make the slide release lever captive.

·
Registered
18,617 Posts
Ok thanks I'll give them a call. If I left the light trs spring I have now it really won't affect anyhing though besides the slide lock lever being captive right?
The position of the spring legs is reversed on the P30 series when compared to the rest of the guns. I am not 100% certain what issue(s) that would cause considering the left leg is now digging into your frame.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hk is sending me the right trs. I actually shot it yesterday with the trs that goes in the usp and p2000 and it shot great. The gentleman from Hk I spoke to said it will not affect how the gun functions and only have to do with the slide lock being captive but like I said they are sending me another one anyway

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.