HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought a new HK USP 45 Tactical and it shoots great.

I am noticing that the slide does not always hold open on the last shot. If you manually cycle the slide on an empty mag, it will hold open every time.

What the heck is going on? Any ideas muchly appreciated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
check your grip

I had this happen to me once with my USPc. After a while I realized I was riding the slide release, so I adjusted my grip and haven't had a problem since.

just one possibility

·
Registered
158 Posts
Also check the mag springs. There was a thread here not to long ago about some of the older USP F 45 12 round mags having a weak spring from the factory and not locking the slide back on the last round.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Check your grip, if either of your thumbs is not touching slide release lever. IMHO 99% of "slide not locking back" problems on USPf/USPc/P2K/P2KSK/P30 are related to this. I just don't buy this "weak magazine spring" theories. Not on USP family. Maybe on 1911, but not in HK, as slide release works in quite different geometry than 1911 one. Changing magazine spring to stronger helps sometime if lever is not touched too strong, but it's fighting symptoms, not reasons.

BTW While working on my hi-hi-cap magazine mods for USPf40 I also used some extremelly weak, shortened springs of different origins. I had feeding problems with them, but slide still locked back (on original follower).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts