HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok , its working fine, just needed some lube on the inner slide and it s perfect!

Here is a pic of the ammo - seers on left PMC on the right -SEERS works just fine - and cycles cleanly.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
First off, I have a question. You mention PMC 180gr, PMC doesn't make 180gr .45 ACP (only 185/230 in Bronze) but does make 180gr .40 S&W and 170/200 gr 10mm. In looking at your picture of the ammo, the ammo on the right is a longer OAL and looks drastically similar to a 10mm round when compared to .45 ACP. Look at the bottom of the case and report back what it reads on the bottom of the case. Curious.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Might be optical illusion but the brass case ammo appears longer in the photo. Of course 75% of the cartridge is hidden...

How 'bout a photo of the cartridges standing next to each other?

-- Chuck

·
Registered
410 Posts
it happened to my USP, but found that the chamber was dirty because of firing low pressure loads. the bullet also falls in the barrel when taken out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gtmtnbiker98 - My bad eye sight i didn't read the end of the cartage right. it is .45 ACP PMC Bronze Full Metal Jacket 230 Grain 830 fps - I didn't have the box when I posted because it was in my locker.. after getting the box it is .45 ;D I used about 50 rounds in my glock a few weeks ago but have put it away since I have not been able to make it to the range. here are some photos of the PMC , it defiantly sticks when trying to cycle a few rounds.

I will edit my first post.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Good, just making sure that you weren't using anything you wasn't supposed to. Chuck was right, it was an illusion in the first set of pics, where the OAL (overall length) of the PMC looked a lot longer than it actually is. To be honest with you, I use PMC Bronze as my main source of .45 ACP and have never had an issue. I use this in both of my HK45c's and my HK45. No issues. With that said, PMC is not known for being match grade ammo. Before calling HK, I would recommend trying different ammo and see what happens. You may have purchased a bad batch of out of spec PMC ammunition. If it continues with different ammo, then call HK.

As for the Gold Dots cycling, they better had at ~$1.25 a round.:wink:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Does the case slide up under the extractor?

Can you bump the slide closed?

Are you pulling the slide completely to the rear and releasing it without riding it a little? Using the slide STOP as a slide release?

(Grasping at things here!p

-- Chuck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts