HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Since I got my USP Expert .45 last December, I've had a difficult time removing the slide stop/take down lever. It's not easy to push through. I've watched some videos on Youtube and it seems the levers come out with a little more ease than on mine. I have to usually use a punch to push it out part way then wiggle it out with a lot of force. I've lubed it and it didn't help.

Any info you can provide would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
It is easy on the USP but on the Expert and Elite the part is more tightly fitted, so they are harder to remove. Completely normal.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Weird. The USPc I had you could literally turn the gun sideways, cycle the slide a couple times and it would just fall out. Definitely something wrong here from my experience.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big Bore- Thank you. I didn't realize the Expert/Elite were tightly fitted all around..even down to the lever. It doesn't prove to be a major problem. I guess I'd rather have it a little tighter than looser.

Fordemti- That sounds a little too loose, no?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the HK gods just helped me out. I just removed it with very little effort. This is the first time it's been "normal". Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I've had it both ways; way too loose, and way too tight, both on USPc's. Wear, metalergy, lube, and a bunch of things I have not even thought of play into it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts