HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title states my slide wont lock back on last round or even if a empty mag is in it. i have bought 2 new mags and still the same issue. what i have noticed is there is a 1-2mm gap between the top of the base plate on mt mag and the bottom of the gun and if i push on the bottom of the mag so there is no space it locks back just fine any help would be great. im super worried at this point lol:92:

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
How familiar are you with HK's? Are you Left or right handed and how long are your thumbs?

If you rack the slide on an empty mag does it stay open? (I know you said ever.)

Is this a new problem or a new gun?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
new problem.... im right handed......and no if i have a mag in it and rack it. it wont lock open.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Okay, hold the gun in your right hand and look at the slide. Right below the last digit of the serial # there is a pointed 'hook' or 'prong' that is part of the slide release lever. Without a mag inserted, the tip of that hook is about 1/16 of an inch away from the bottom of the slide. With your left hand and while watching the tip of the hook, insert an EMPTY mag. Doest the tip of the hook move up and touch the bottom edge of the slide?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i bought it from some one but they never used it but since i didn't have original receipt h&k wont honor me kinda ****ty since at the time i bought it. she was the only one in lower michigan i could find

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
So if you have inserted an EMPTY mag and there is still a space between the hook and the slide, remove the slide and the mag. Reinsert the slide release lever. While doing so, look down the magwell from the top of the frame. You should see the hook bar pass through the corresponding hole in the frame. Now slowly insert the empty mag. There is a shelf on the mag that should push against the hook bar. Does it?

Now watch the outside of the frame as you did before, but without the slide. Push the empty mag up again. Does it move the slide release hook up to the top of the squared hole where the hook bar passes through the frame?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Maybe the magazine catch is no longer in spec. If the magazine catch is causing the magazine to hang down too low, then there may not be enough upwards force for the slide lock to function.

Is it difficult to remove a USP magazine release? I removed the magazine release/catch on my p2000sk in about a minute. I would think the process would be the similar, if not the same.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So if you have inserted an EMPTY mag and there is still a space between the hook and the slide, remove the slide and the mag. Reinsert the slide release lever. While doing so, look down the magwell from the top of the frame. You should see the hook bar pass through the corresponding hole in the frame. Now slowly insert the empty mag. There is a shelf on the mag that should push against the hook bar. Does it?

Now watch the outside of the frame as you did before, but without the slide. Push the empty mag up again. Does it move the slide release hook up to the top of the squared hole where the hook bar passes through the frame?
yah i feel like that steel shelf that the front of the mag needs to be adjusted to make the mag seat higher

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
yah i feel like that steel shelf that the front of the mag needs to be adjusted to make the mag seat higher
I suspect your slide release is either damaged or distorted.

From this pic, the hook is not up far enough. the tip should be touching the top edge of the notch. Is the slide release bar bent? Are your mag springs out of spec? The slide release is pressed up by the shelf on the mag follower which is loaded by the mag spring.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if i have a mag in it and push the mag up so theres no gap the rack the slide she catches but slightly is the slide catch suposted to move all the way up or just a little to catch the slide :/

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Edit: Also, as PaulC stated, check your magazine catch. With slide off, look down the magwell from the top. Will the mag release lever to spot the catch. Doest it look bent, worn or damaged?

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
if i have a mag in it and push the mag up so theres no gap the rack the slide she catches but slightly is the slide catch suposted to move all the way up or just a little to catch the slide :/
With th slide off, it should move about 1/4 inch...

How much of a gap is between the top of the mag base and the bottom of the grip when the mag is inserted?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Maybe the magazine catch is no longer in spec. If the magazine catch is causing the magazine to hang down too low, then there may not be enough upwards force for the slide lock to function.

Is it difficult to remove a USP magazine release? I removed the magazine release/catch on my p2000sk in about a minute. I would think the process would be the similar, if not the same.
Removal of the Mag Release is the same as the P2000 if I am not mistaken.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts