HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its not happening every time after I fire the last round, but about 50% of the time the slide cycles shut.

No other problems with the gun but that.

I bought the gun new last month and have about 150 rounds through it.

I've had several 9mm's over the years: CZ75's, S&W 5906, Glock 26 and this has never happend before.

Any advice on this is appreciated

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have had this issue with a couple of handguns in the past. Every time it was a simple magazine spring problem. Replaced the worn spring and it always worked perfectly. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I have to watch that I don't ride the slide release when I shoot my HK45. It's a possibilty, be conscious of it next time you're at the range.

good luck

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Pay attention to what your weak hand thumb is doing.. make sure it isnt anywhere near that slide release as you are firing. See if that helps.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It could be your right thumb riding on the slide stop. Try to shoot with your left hand on the last round. If it still does not lock back. I would check the mag spring.

Sent from IPhone

·
Registered
218 Posts
With only 150 rounds through a new mag it shouldn't be the springs. If right handed it could be you're riding the slide stop. Drop the thumb down and shoot awhile and see if the problem continues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Come to think of it I could very well be contacting the slide or slide release with my thumb.

Being a new gun to me it could simple be a problem of adapting.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Come to think of it I could very well be contacting the slide or slide release with my thumb.

Being a new gun to me it could simple be a problem of adapting.

Thanks
I would bet this is what it is. Load up a mag, start shooting, count the amount of shots, when you get to your last round look at your hand and make sure you aren't touching the slide release, shoot last round. If the slide locks, chances are you were making contact with the release. All about the grip 95% of the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts