HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SLIM is IN!!

6K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  Audiman77 
#1 ·

Well...the Slim slide releases finally arrived from Columbus...and they are indeed slim.

Will I feel a difference?...probably not. Does it satisfy my gun nut craziness?....probably certainly!! :62:

Welcome to HELL YEAH!!! :41:

I'm attempting to try to carry more regularly. I recently towed the 45c...and sat through a 2 hour movie - AIWB. Little shift here and there...and it was tolerable.
Definitely comforting. :wink:

See less See more
#6 ·
Are they only for the HK45? Or are they available for the USP as well?
From what I know...this set fits the HK45, HK45c, P2000, P2kSK, and the P30 series

Sweet. What AIWB rig are you using?
I'm looking into a good rig...GI Silent Thunder tops the list...right now I'm feeling out the minimal, original PHLster Skeleton - similar to the older, original Vanguard 1 by Raven. I like it so far...it's as slim as the gun, and the 45c is big enough to where I know where it is. Basically parachute chord hooked to kydex that slips over the trigger guard - looped around your belt. It doesn't shift as much as you'd think. It doesn't protect the actual gun like a full holster - however, that is not really a concern of mine. This 45c has 1 role...to come through for myself and my family when the chips are down - not to look pristine. Granted, I don't know what I don't know...

Fifthward,
Where did you order the slim slide release from? Thanks
Straight from the HK factory, here in Georgia. I basically called, placed the order and paid in full (back in March!), not knowing they weren't in - and when the next shipment came in (scheduled 6/29)...I was on the list for them to send me one. I guess if you really want one...you can do the same - and the HK rep will give you the date of the next expected import. You can also get on the list at HKParts.net...I've seen them there also - but they are always out.

#4 ·
Sweet. What AIWB rig are you using?

Sometimes I can sit for hours without noticing with my P2000 in a Shaggy AIWB. Sometimes I need to adjust. I like it......I've got a Jim Ryan Customs coming next week as well.

#8 ·
The issue with the Vanguard style pieces of kit is that it's kind of a bitch to practice with them. You can't just reholster like an actual holster. We had some VG2's in my ShivWorks ECQC class...they held up ok through the combatives. None were used for the shooting portion. I don't personally think I'd be comfortable carrying with them though. For my tastes, there's too much severity to the risk of the gun inadvertently popping out of the kit.

Good to see that you're enjoying your new-found rights in Georgia. If you end up getting a new AIWB holster, shoot me a PM. I like to keep up with peoples' experiences.

#9 ·
Roger that. I've received advice mentioning this type of "holster" isn't the best to initiate my CCW experience...I guess I'm a little stubborn :wink:
I'll definitely PM you when a holster is selected...I understand the importance of training with not only your firearm...but with your selected holster as well.

#13 ·
Those look really nice for concealed carry and it's nice to hear I can get them for my P30L. I completed my latest all day carry torture test with the P30L AIWB in an amusement park, complete with several rides on pretty vicious roller coasters. Not COMFORTABLE, to say the least, but doable if you are committed. I only got a couple bruises. So keep up the good work on carrying more! That is a great gun for it. Find a way to make it work.

#14 ·
I went to an amusement park last weekend... Hershey park in PA... There is absolutely no way i would carry while riding any of the rollercoasters i went on haha... I havent been on a modern roller coaster since 8th grade in 1998, im pretty sure the newer ones are trying to kill you.. But its not like you can just pull your gun out and put it in one of storage bins when you jump on, so Kudos for committing.

#16 ·
I found that my Sticky holster is most unobtrusive, IWB, just to the left of my front right pocket, 7 O'clock position for left hand draw while wearing pants with a belt. I can bend over, drive, sit in a movie and not be aware that my P30 is there. I would not recommend this one if you are out for a run or anything but I have had no issues with the handgun shifting whatsoever with normal day to day activities.

Sticky Holsters - Redefining Concealment

Let us know how you like the Slim releases after you have some range time with them. Thanks for the above info!

#18 ·
The site that mike provided for holsters lists the hk45c as being 9mm lol gotta love a contradictory typo

#20 ·
I bought and sold a set of these recently. The parts feel thin and flimsy compared with the originals, and by slimming down the shelves releasing the slide is made a lot harder than it needs to be. And unless you are carrying without a holster you won't notice any concealment benefit either. At the $40 that HK charge for these you might be able to justify them (I couldn't) but at the $80 a certain vendor asks you would be crackers. IMO of course.

#26 ·
Not "flimsy" at all IMHO
Not extra beefy, that's true
They're not as stiff as the over- engineered stock ones
But they're not gonna break ever, IMHO
Does HK manufacture anything "flimsy"?
:)

Best to train yourself to not rely on the slide releases, anyway.
One more fine motor skill you're likely to lose after a massive adrenaline dump.

#28 ·
Not "flimsy" at all IMHO
Not extra beefy, that's true
They're not as stiff as the over- engineered stock ones
But they're not gonna break ever, IMHO
Does HK manufacture anything "flimsy"?

Best to train yourself to not rely on the slide releases, anyway.
One more fine motor skill you're likely to lose after a massive adrenaline dump.
U r 100% correct. Coming from experience, and after all the training I've been through, when that adrenalin is pumping motor skills diminish. The last situation I was in, I fired 14 rounds from my G22 and came to a lock back. Kept pulling the trigger like a dumb arse.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.