HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the better part of a year trying to acquire "slim" slide stop levers for the HK P2000 SK (they also fit the HK P2000), and finally managed to snag six sets (I own several of these pistols). Some of HK's own P2000 SK photos show these parts. Instead of being stepped, using three steps, the "slim" versions have horizontal serrations that are of equal thickness. The photos below, which I took last night, contrast these two types of slide stop levers.

First, one of my P2000 SKs with the standard slide stop levers installed:

Second, another one of my P2000 SKs, but with the "slim" slide stop levers installed:

The HK part numbers for the "slim" parts are L207756 (Left) and R207757 (Right).

Anyway, I received these parts on Monday, and I am in love! Especially for the P2000 SK, these are especially nice, removing two more mildly annoying protusions.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Those are freakin' sweet! I saw your post on the HK-USA forums....It'd be nice to get a set of those!

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Anyway, I received these parts on Monday, and I am in love! Especially for the P2000 SK, these are especially nice, removing two more mildly annoying protusions.
Glad you like it!! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice shots Ken, thats actually one part on my Sk thats really worn down already. Does it make for a looser fit in the holster?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Should be on new guns

If HK would see the light and offer flat mag plates and the slim levers, life would be a lot less complicated for the avarage p2000sk owner.

REMINDER: Nicely contact Pearce Grips about extended floor plates for the P2000sk that people can actually use. A company rep said they are considering making them at the end of the year. mk

·
Registered
381 Posts
How much were they if you do not mind sharing? They look very nice. I dont know if they will be that useful but I would like to try them if they are reasonably priced.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Interesting. Not a radical change, but offers a bit of a thinner profile. Has the actual difference been measured? I do wonder how the slimmer thumb tab will operate with gloves?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NightFighter, you wrote:
If HK would see the light and offer flat mag plates and the slim levers, life would be a lot less complicated for the avarage p2000sk owner.
HK USA does offer the flat magazine floorplates, specific to the P2000 SK, at $6 a pop. The part number is 207216. They are generally kept in stock.

But, CDNN is currently selling brand new P2000 SK magazines, in 9mm and .40 Auto, with the flat floorplates for $19.99 a pop. See: http://www.cdnninvestments.com/hkp2su9mm10m.html and http://www.cdnninvestments.com/hkp2su359rdf.html

I think that it'd be cheaper to buy complete magazines.

About the slim slide stop levers, I'll take measurements this evening of the two types using my caliper.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Clarification

I meant having the flat floor plates and the slim slide stop levers already on the gun when sold at the store or through LE distributors such as Proforce.

That would make it easier than ordering parts after the fact. Oh yeah, I jumped on those CDNN mags for $19 and also ordered 13-rounders from proforce and x-grips from HK direct. Next will to get Pearce Grips extended floor plates if and when they area sold.

Just got my Fist-Inc. k-1 kydex IWB holster. Man that thing is thin and comfortable in cargo shorts and an untucked t-shirt. I wear the sleeveless compression shirts underneath.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took some measurements just now:

Standard Slide Stop Lever

L: 0.185 inches (4.69mm)
R: 0.141 inches (3.58mm)

Slim Slide Stop Lever

L: 0.131 inches (3.32mm)
R: 0.111 inches (2.82mm)

Difference

L: 0.054 inches (1.37mm)
R: 0.03 inches (0.76mm)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
This has me scratching my head. I'm making one assumption here, that the only reason for having the slim levers is for better width dimensions, and ultimately for better concealment. But, the concealment holster you choose to use that is molded for a P2000sk won't be molded for the slim levers we're seeing here, and they'll still be the bigger size for the P2000sk levers. So the holster will still be wider than necessary, and what do you gain, then?

I'm probably missing something.

If it has no practical purpose, it's still good to see more accessories coming out for the P2000 series. Thumbs up for that.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Very nice photos Ken! I can see a real improvement on the levers for concealment.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
48 Posts
This has me scratching my head. I'm making one assumption here, that the only reason for having the slim levers is for better width dimensions, and ultimately for better concealment. But, the concealment holster you choose to use that is molded for a P2000sk won't be molded for the slim levers we're seeing here, and they'll still be the bigger size for the P2000sk levers. So the holster will still be wider than necessary, and what do you gain, then?

I'm probably missing something.

If it has no practical purpose, it's still good to see more accessories coming out for the P2000 series. Thumbs up for that.
An additional practical purpose of the low profile levers is to reduce the likelihood of inadvertent activation or deactivation. My aggressive thumbs-forward grip technique causes me to ride on top of the levers, which usually prevents slide lock on an empty mag. I am not a fan of large, conspicuous slide levers on any combat pistol.

Tim

·
Banned
16 Posts
Of course HK USA does not have these and won't for "90," days. I see a repeat of the flat baseplates debacle. Let's all e-mail Germany and let them know we want these...Some time this year.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Lunde, do you mind if I add your pictures to the P2000 FAQ please? Like the other pictures we used, I'll credit you for taking the photo if you let us. :)

1 - 20 of 200 Posts