HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I Just got my PTR 91, dont know what sling to get.

What do you guys suggest? post links here and any reviews and opinions?

·
Registered
917 Posts
The leather one for the G3 is nice & economical.

The nylon 'multipurpose' one is a bit more $, and is rather complex.

I don't find it very useful in it's original form and discard the double buckle & extra piece, leaving a simple sling out of it.

DDG

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
What do you want to use the sling for?

Simply carrying rifle over your shoulder?
Slung for immediate action?
Competition shooting?
Standing guard during SHTF?

·
Registered
52 Posts
The leather one for the G3 is nice & economical.

The nylon 'multipurpose' one is a bit more $, and is rather complex.

I don't find it very useful in it's original form and discard the double buckle & extra piece, leaving a simple sling out of it.

DDG
Lessis more, go with the leather!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
hunting and or shtf on the move
A standard 2-point sling will work for hunting and simple movement during SHTF. For tactical movement during SHTF then you should look to a 3-point sling to allow the weapon to be carried at the ready.

If the weapon is to be slung for extended periods with only minimal shooting I have found one of those stretchy neoprene type slings to work EXCELLENT for taking the strain off my shoulder. They are a 1" web on either end with a wider piece of neoprene about a foot or so long where it sits on shoulder. The neoprene acts like a shock absorber for your shoulder and works surprisingly well at it.

I have the HK 3-point and while it works, it is a bit uncomfortable with its narrow 1" unpadded webbing supporting a 9+ lb rifle. Though if I was wearing body armor it would work well as it wouldn't be resting directly on my shoulder. One big advantage it has over pretty much every other 3-point sling is that there is a minimum of pieces-parts and it easily converts to a handy 2-point sling.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
also do have to get any special hardware with the sling or does that usually come with it?
If you buy an HK specific sling the appropriate hardware is included.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts