HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, im trying to explain to my son the HK Method of shooting an MP5k using the sling as a reverse stock. They press out the weapon against the sling for stability, its an older method but is still used.

I need help finding a video showing it and have come up blank to show him what I mean. I dont own any non stocked slingable weapons so I am unable to demonstrate

·
HK Nut Extraordinaire
414 Posts
That's because noone uses it anymore. You're better off looking for movie clips because that's all you will see it in these days. Using the sling as the only support is a lousy way to get accurate hits on target.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
I wouldn't say lousy, it is/was better than nothing when deploying an MP5k from concealment with the stock collapsed. I will agree it is/was less effective, much less effective than using the stock.. There is still a modification of this method taught for shooting while in a run/sprint

Although I can describe and demonstrate it, I don't know of a video showing it..

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know its an old method but was hoping to find a video, thanks

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,560 Posts
Jason Falla discusses it in a video I saw with him and Larry Vickers when they cover the MP5. Sorry, I'm too lazy to find the link, but that should give you enough info to get your search in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
[Q

You may have to replay it a few times for your son to notice the MP5 in the scene.[/QUOTE]
What MP5?

·
Registered
765 Posts
The best way I can explain it: Just press out, the same way you do with any other pistol. The sling shouldn't be relied on, but add *slightly* to a good two handed grip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.