HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and I just got back into H&K pistols after owning several USPs many years ago.
I bought a new P2000sk for my daily ccw and a P30 to add to the home collection.

My question: Why is there slop in the slide-stop levers of each pistol? You know, the ones on the right side that mount on the slide stop pin.
This seems like something you would find on a cheap pistol not an H&K. Is it supposed to be like this? I hate to have something that rattles if I were ever in a tactical situation.

Thanks for any replies

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
You might try using the search function. It's not like there's any possibilities this gets discussed ad nauseam (read: beating a dead horse) on a weekly basis.

Even google could give you some answers:
Google Search: It works!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I just started telling people it's engineered that way as a "slide forward indicator". It only rattles when the slide's forward. Ammirite?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
First off welcome to the forum. Second I was new here once too so I'll answer your question for ya. The P2000, HK45c, and P30 all have this loose right side lever. Some place a little tape or something of that nature in between the lever and slide to minimize the noise. Frankly it doesn't bother me at all. Hope this helps, and the search function can be a friend going forward.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My question: Why is there slop in the slide-stop levers of each pistol?
I have an SK and a P2K. I thought something was broken until I googled "loose slide release P2000" and found out it's a common complaint.

My guess is that it's a compromise between producing an ambi slide release that works reliably while maintaining a design that is very easy to disassemble. Like any compromise, some don't seem to care and some think it's completely lame. Personally, I think it's lame, but not enough to try to do anything about it. It sure doesn't seem to hurt the function of the pistol.

Seems to be the single loudest criticism of the P series pistols.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Or you could always remove the right side slide release. That would fix your slop issue. But the slide stop pin pokes out a bit and IMHO doesn't feel right and think your better off leaving it as it is.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I really don't see the big deal. My USPc .45 rattles almost the same way, because of the nylon buffer bushing. So my two carry HK's sound pretty much just alike. Actually the P2000 is quieter, because it doesn't rattle when holstered... the USPc does.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The left side slim lever isn't as long, so it doesn't poke out as much. *wink wink*
Or you could always remove the right side slide release. That would fix your slop issue. But the slide stop pin pokes out a bit and IMHO doesn't feel right and think your better off leaving it as it is.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You might try using the search function. It's not like there's any possibilities this gets discussed ad nauseam (read: beating a dead horse) on a weekly basis.[/URL]
That horse isn't dead because HK continues to release pistols with sloppy parts fit. The horse will surely die when HK tightens its manufacturing specifications, enables its quality assurance employees to reject pistols with sloppy parts fit, and in turn ships pistols that are tight and properly finished.

I encourage the OP to contact customer service. They took care of my sloppy release on the P2000SK, and will likely do the same for him.

Meanwhile, posts like this one serve as a steady reminder to potential purchasers and HK alike that these quality problems exist and need to be addressed. I say keep 'em coming until the horse does indeed die.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ahhh...once again I get to make my point regarding this "baby-rattle" BS! Below is my post from just a few weeks ago, which was also posted several months ago...which subsequently was deleted by the forum police:

That's my point..."The ancillary rattle is just that, ancillary." What does this mean? That I bought a really nice, reliable pistol that has a "Loose-Right-Side-Slide-Release-Lever"...YES! Do I have this problem with any of the AR-15's that I own?...NO! Do I have this problem with any of the other 25 pistols I own, all costing more than $800,...NO! Why should HK pistols be the ONLY guns out there costing LOTS OF MONEY that have "Loose-Right-Side-Slide-Release-Lever's" and say it's O.K....just don't think about it too much...After-all, it really doesn't affect performance...right? Just put some velcro or tape on it...That's professional grade!
This is my entire point! I really believe HK should step up and say..."You're right...we need to fix the Loose-Right-Side-Slide-Release-Lever"...regardless of the fact that it may not affect performance of the pistol...it is still NOT acceptable for a pistol costing this much $! Again...just my $.02!

Nothing changes it seems with HK as long they continue to make $...to heck with those of us that have one of their less-than-"pefect" pistols...like ANY Sig, Glock, CZ, Smith,etc...

Seriously, this "rattle-trap-right-side-slide-release-lever" is simply bad workmanship! End of story!

·
Registered
596 Posts
I personally don't consider it a "workmanship" issue - it's a "design" issue. the mechanism is designed with two halves that have sufficient tolerances between them, and with tolerances of the lever with the hole in the frame, such that rattle is a side effect.

I understand that it irritates the crap outta some folks. It just doesn't bother some of the rest of us. And is easy to resolve with a tiny bit of work if you care to. In less time and effort that it takes to complain about it. :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts