HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a more abbreviated pinky rest for these mags? I don't much care for the huge garish looking HK ones, I only want an extra 1/4" or so.
For my P30sk I adapted some cut down mag extensions from an FNS 9c which worked out well. I may have to just do up a couple more, but was curious if there was a more elegant solution out there.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Try the 13 round mag, same overall length but different shape.

Reactions: highxj

·
Priest of the P7
4,807 Posts
It's easy to make something that's made of plastic smaller: dremel, file, carving knife, soldering iron...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no finished HK/AM ~1/4" extension. But show the forum your FN mod.
Here is one of the shorter ones I did. Pinky extension for an FNS compact, cut down, and the matching FN locking plate. These happened before there were factory extensions available. I'll likely grab a couple of the HK extensions and shorten them as needed.

IMG_20180216_083129715~01.jpg

·
Registered
402 Posts
I’m in the same boat. I think the 13rd mag is ideal. I’ll be ordering some as soon as I move out of this restrictive state (105 days!!)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
P30SK... I prefer the 10/flat over any 0/pinky HK/AM variant, my hand grip/placement is better.
The 13/SK is even better, same mass as the HK 0/pinky, AKA my P2000 snubbie. Depending on attire I rotate between 10/13 carry/reload, with the 13/carry it reduces the 10/reload mass and you have 13 to draw with.
My 10’s are flat, for me the release of the 13/SK outperforms the 0/pinky.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The 13 round magazines are very nice, and the size vs capacity is much more reasonable than the silly 10 round pinky mag it comes with.

It basically becomes the size of a Glock 19. Granted it's 2 rounds short, but almost everything is behind the G19 on size vs capacity, and the VP has better ergos

·
Registered
31 Posts
I do have one on order. Quick question, does the factory 13 round use a seperate slide on sleeve, or is it a one piece affair?
It’s a sleeve, but it interlocks and attaches to the floorplate. It really is the ideal magazine for the SK. I ordered one 13 and one 15 to see which I would like. The 15 is a great spare mag, and the 13 is the best mag option of the 4 in my opinion (10, 10w/pinky test, 13, 15).

·
Registered
265 Posts
I do have one on order. Quick question, does the factory 13 round use a seperate slide on sleeve, or is it a one piece affair?
It is a sleeve that comes fixed/locked in to the baseplate. It will not slide up the magazine body in use.

You can kind of see how it locks in from this angle

·
Registered
334 Posts
What you guys really want is a P2000.

·
Registered
334 Posts
No.

You keep it
Somebody post the ridiculous picture with the new streamlight 7/8 on an SK. And it had a 13 round mag also. It's a joke. The difference in barrel length is less than 1/2". I will keep mine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts