1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Very nice. Love the G28 and new G36.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Yeah not sure why people are complaining about the weight. It's not a battle rifle. It's a sniper rifle. Its supposed to be heavy. Look at the PSG-1 or M-14 DMR.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I'm really glad that HK finally has an aluminum rail and XM8 bolt release and a bolt catch for the G36 family.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I want that S C O P E !!!!

Anyone seen those Shmidt and Bender for HK Scopes for sale, that might be a necessity for the M762, man that looks wicked.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,211 Posts

Anyone seen those Shmidt and Bender for HK Scopes for sale, that might be a necessity for the M762, man that looks wicked.
S&B has actually set up their US Office inside the HK Defense Office in Ashburn. You can say the relationship is strong, so expect to continue seeing them on HK weapons.

·
Registered
818 Posts

True - until you see the new Leupold Mk 6 !! The NEW standard in sniper scopes. Nightforce is going to do some scrambling now ...

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
True - until you see the new Leupold Mk 6 !! The NEW standard in sniper scopes. Nightforce is going to do some scrambling now ...
I don't think NF is worried with their "beast" scope that has been hush-hush with its 7 patents and non-Japanese glass. Leupold only had one way to go their reputation among critical and experienced shooters was at an all-time low. Personally, now that the prices on S&B have jumped to the $3600 realm, they are going to have trouble contending with Hensoldt at that price point.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
I would love one of the tan HK marked S&B scope on the 28. I might hold off though until all the new scopes are out this year. My clone G28 may be different in the scope.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would love one of the tan HK marked S&B scope on the 28. I might hold off though until all the new scopes are out this year. My clone G28 may be different in the scope.
From my contact at S&B, I was advised that the G28 scope will not even be made available to US Mil/LE much less commercially. It is possible that a variant similar (with single-turn turrets, etc.) may be available in the future (which sounds like years down the road). Some of my inquiries regarding the G28 scope specs/reticle have been passed on down the line, but I have yet to receive any response (which is an answer in itself).

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
I am surprised no one has commented about the standard hi-cap smoke colored mag sticking out the bottom of the G28. That is not the correct mag for that gun. The standard 10-round mag that came with it had a more gold-ish tint and a matching tan base plate. The patrol model came with a 20-rounder of the same color. We had to remove them for fear of theft as these guns had to be immediately exported back to Germany after the show and everything on those guns were inventoried, in detail. Everyone kept taking the MR762 mag and sticking it in the gun for photos.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Some people are so petty about weight. "It looks so heavy" "it is heavy". I got an idea: Put down the beer and hit the gym/weights. (bad name for cats)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts