HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday night at a firearm show in Oshkosh WI things went my way as I traded my like new VP9 for a near new USP 45 with night sights. What a deal!! I tried to adapt to the striker fired VP9 but I couldn't find my needed comfort level for carry purposes. Im anxious to see how it shoots compared to my USP 40's. Heading out tomorrow for a little 45 acp action!!!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Well Oshkosh B'Gosh! You got a screaming deal there. lol. Enjoy it!

The USP 45 is tied with the P30L 9mm for my favorite HK overall. You'll love it. Drop the match trigger in that puppy.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The USP 45 is tied with the P30L 9mm for my favorite HK overall. You'll love it. Drop the match trigger in that puppy.
I could have written the same words. :)

I just installed the match kit in my SS USP 45, bringing the trigger feel up to the level of my Elite. Worth every penny (and purchased direct from HK USA, not an unreasonable number of pennies to boot).

·
Registered
953 Posts
I could have written the same words. :)

I just installed the match kit in my SS USP 45, bringing the trigger feel up to the level of my Elite. Worth every penny (and purchased direct from HK USA, not an unreasonable number of pennies to boot).
Amen! The match trigger absolutely transformed my SS USP 9. If you find someone else willing to trade a used VP9 for a USP 45, please let me know! That would give me the reason I've been searching for to purchase a VP9.

Mark

·
Registered
35 Posts
What a steal! I would tell you to go play the lottery with that luck, but you already won a gift that will keep on giving lol.

I am with you on the VP9 striker fire for carry. I carried VP9 briefly, but it is a light trigger and even with the best gun safety I never felt fully comfortable with it so I picked up a P2000.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just returned from the range with my usp45, Sig 229 and fnx45. I just love how the usp feels in my hand and the recoil was really smooth. I'm a big fan of the usp mechanism, just racking it back is a marvel of engineering. The trigger, yes I'll go with a match trigger this winter. I rang the plate size steel at 50 ft probably 70% of the time. I did shoot better with my Sig 229 but I've had that for 8 years. It's been a while since I've shot routinely so I'm rusty but not too bad, I'm also 46 so I think I've taken a step back I hate to admit. I tried 4 different mags , new ones plus the two that came in the case on the hk and all functioned nice

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll just practice more before changing anything. I use to shoot 3 times per week at my house, a little run and gun and some stationary targets but I sold my house and now live in town.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I wouldn't pay for the match trigger kit. My well worn USP trigger is actually very similar to the brand new trigger in my USP expert and elite.
Try a well worn match trigger. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts