HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess he's friends with one of the guys that I shoot with. He's staying with him before heading to shot show Sunday. I was lucky and got squashed with him. It's unbelievable to see someone that good at what they do. I shoot with several master and Grandmaster shooters. But this guys just on a different level. Unbelievable. What a treat to get to watch.

·
Registered
256 Posts
That must have been a real treat. I've never shot with him, but had the honor to shoot with a lot of other top shooters, so I know what you mean. I even gave JJ Racaza his USPSA safety check, so so long ago.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That must have been a real treat. I've never shot with him, but had the honor to shoot with a lot of other top shooters, so I know what you mean. I even gave JJ Racaza his USPSA safety check, so so long ago.
It was pretty cool. I shoot with some good shooters and 2 of the hk team members but never anyone of his caliber.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Should've challenged him to shoot a match with HK.

Cool beans. These dudes are a whole another world of skills. I've done a private / semi private shooting with TGO and Manny Bragg, great times. EG needs to start teaching stateside.

·
Registered
256 Posts
It was pretty cool. I shoot with some good shooters and 2 of the hk team members but never anyone of his caliber.
I've found that shooting with people of that caliber makes me shoot better. I shot a USPSA match with JJ and Max Michel years ago. I came in 4th overall, just above Doug Koenig.

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Really? Interesting...
Certainly, in mine and many other's experiences. A 180 grain bullet only needs to go 720 feet per second to make a 130 power factor. Minor is only 125 power factor, but 130 gives you a enough room for error.

I've run 2 mostly identical platforms in 9mm and .40, Glock (34 and 35) and Beretta Elites (92 and 96). The .40s are softer.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Certainly, in mine and many other's experiences. A 180 grain bullet only needs to go 720 feet per second to make a 130 power factor. Minor is only 125 power factor, but 130 gives you a enough room for error.

I've run 2 mostly identical platforms in 9mm and .40, Glock (34 and 35) and Beretta Elites (92 and 96). The .40s are softer.
Well if I ever get the courage and money to start reloading that might be a good idea for me in uspsa! Thanks!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts