HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
No one knows for sure.
Just going to have to wait until they finally release it.

If it is not approved for sale in CA, you can try and do what people are doing right now to get the non-CA approved Glock Model 21SF. Have your friendly LEO buy one, then PPT to you.

·
Registered
316 Posts
HK in CA

Ok what if I buy the gun out of state and bring it in personally. It is not illegal to own or bring it into the state only to SELL in the state right?

David

·
Registered
886 Posts
Just curious because well Im in california...

:)

You folks need to stop putting communist gun grabbers in office and maybe the Golden State might lose its tarnish. Things have been pathetic in Cali for years and it just seems to get worse as time goes on. Their crazy gun policies are the biggest reason I'll never move back. You'll be lucky if the HK45 gets approved.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I feel bad for you guys in Kalifornia and thats coming from a guy in NJ :(.

·
Registered
823 Posts
You folks need to stop putting communist gun grabbers in office and maybe the Golden State might lose its tarnish. Things have been pathetic in Cali for years and it just seems to get worse as time goes on. Their crazy gun policies are the biggest reason I'll never move back. You'll be lucky if the HK45 gets approved.
Bravo. Politically incorrect rant on....
Most people outside California don't care what happens there.
Years ago they thought they were setting trends with their gun restrictions, because guns shoot people. People good...guns bad. Drilling for oil bad...Hummer Limos Good.

Time has passed them by, and they are so far from mainstream America the damage is not reversible. Must be the something in the water. Silicon or something.

Frankly, I'm tired tired of seeing questions about CA or MA "approval".

Rant off, don't take it too seriously...back to your regularly scheduled program.... the "OC" I think?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Let say you own lots of non-Cal.Aproved guns and you moved there, then decided to sell them, is that okay then?

·
Registered
316 Posts
How to get your HK45

OK - having personally read all the relevent statutes, here is it.

It is NOT illegal to own or possess a pistol not on the CA approved list. You simply cannot "import it for sale". Two legal ways exist. 1. Of course get a LEO to buy one and then have them conduct a private party transfer to you. (Private transfers are explicitly exempted from the rule 2. Personally buy the gun in another state (assuming you qualify for residency there etc ) then bring it in for personal use. You will have to fill out a "new resident handgun report". Again the fact that your gun is not on the list is immaterial. You are not importing it for sale. However, what remains to be seen in the second instance is what the criteria are for being a"new resident". No details provided in the statute. The form simply asks for your CA address, CA drivers lic. or utility bill etc. and when and where you got the gun and the make model SN etc.

I will be curious if anyone goes this route. Feel free to check in.

David

·
Registered
316 Posts
Simply not true - the rule regarding non-approved handguns applies only to importation FOR SALE. As asked in one of the posts, as long as the gun is otherwise legal to own (i.e. not an AW etc) you can bring it in for personal use and even later conduct a personal transfer. As long as it's not brought in for sale in the first place.

·
Registered
316 Posts
HK45 in CA? -HK rep allegedly says "no"

I also belong to Calguns.net. Therein a member posted and indicated that he had spoken with "Jeff Swisher" (spelling unknown) from HK and that the HK rep indicated that the HK45 is NOT going to be submitted for California testing b/c it lacks one of the crazy CA requirements.

Just repeating a post - no authenticating it.

David

·
Registered
59 Posts
OK - having personally read all the relevent statutes, here is it.

It is NOT illegal to own or possess a pistol not on the CA approved list. You simply cannot "import it for sale". Two legal ways exist. 1. Of course get a LEO to buy one and then have them conduct a private party transfer to you. (Private transfers are explicitly exempted from the rule 2. Personally buy the gun in another state (assuming you qualify for residency there etc ) then bring it in for personal use. You will have to fill out a "new resident handgun report". Again the fact that your gun is not on the list is immaterial. You are not importing it for sale. However, what remains to be seen in the second instance is what the criteria are for being a"new resident". No details provided in the statute. The form simply asks for your CA address, CA drivers lic. or utility bill etc. and when and where you got the gun and the make model SN etc.

I will be curious if anyone goes this route. Feel free to check in.

David
So my best friend is a California Correction Officer. Does that qualify as a LEO? So I could do number 1? Also, I live in California and with my girlfriend in Texas. So I could buy it here...and...then what. When I go home...take it home?

Or could my GF buy it in Texas. When she moves to CA register it. Then PPT to me? Would that work?

So in summary, if I do #1 or #2, I could own the HK without a magzine disconnect and it not being on the approved list?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So my best friend is a California Correction Officer. Does that qualify as a LEO? So I could do number 1? Also, I live in California and with my girlfriend in Texas. So I could buy it here...and...then what. When I go home...take it home?

Or could my GF buy it in Texas. When she moves to CA register it. Then PPT to me? Would that work?

So in summary, if I do #1 or #2, I could own the HK without a magzine disconnect and it not being on the approved list?
if your GF buys it in texas with the knowledge/intent of it for you specifically, technically she is commiting a felony. 1st question is is the gun for you are purchasing for you... she would ahve to move to CA, get an ID or CDL and then transfer it over to you, since she didnt like the HK45 since she bought it for herself and just ended up not liking it... get it?

You have to have a Tx ID / DL to purchase a gun there... if you can get one of those and purchase it you are fine to bring it back into CA. BTW if you do buy extra and might not like one of your HK45s and I would be happy to take it off your hands :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am trying to do some research on this. I am a California Resident. I live in Texas also with my GF because of work. Can I get a Texas State ID? If so, I can purchase it. How do I get it to California?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am trying to do some research on this. I am a California Resident. I live in Texas also with my GF because of work. Can I get a Texas State ID? If so, I can purchase it. How do I get it to California?
You can check it in with your luggage on an airplane with you (not carry on), drive it home, send it UPS... whatever u want.

I do not know what the rules are on Tx state IDs or their req for gun purchases... When I lived their 6yrs ago I had a Texas DL just bought my gun with that... unknown about IDs.

·
Registered
802 Posts
if your GF buys it in texas with the knowledge/intent of it for you specifically, technically she is commiting a felony.
Not exactly. If she is a Texas resident, she can buy the gun there. BUT she will have to move to California and declare the guns she brought in and file for residency (typically 6 months). Once she is a resident of California, she can then transfer the guns through a FFL over to you. If she isn't a CA resident, no FFL will do the transfer. PPT will require both CA residents to be present at the FFL at the time of transfer.

Or you can declare residency in Texas by moving there. Buy all the stuff you want. Then move back to CA and file for residency.

One last option is if your father or son is a resident of another state, he can give you the gun as a gift which still requires going through a FFL, but doesn't have to be on the approved list.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I live in Texas also with my GF because of work. Can I get a Texas State ID? If so, I can purchase it. How do I get it to California?
So let me get this straight... the guns and babes are in Texas and you want to go back to California....for what? :confused:

Told you it was 'catchy'... Nothing in CA makes sense.

:20000000:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Frankly, I'm tired tired of seeing questions about CA or MA "approval".
Bravo again.....dont just post on hkpro, go to your ballot box, tho it might already be too late. Trust us, we in NJ know.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts