HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what exactly does it take to be able to sale 416 uppers? I know you have to be able to buy them first, but other than that. Is there something you have to file stating the reciever was destroyed or what? Just curious :confused:

·
Registered
422 Posts
From what little I know about getting MP5 part kits(I would guess HK416 parts kits are similar), I find most of the part kits availible go through at least a couple of hands before you see them for sale on places like Strum and HKPro. Maybe not all of them but over half, this is what I feel is correct.

My guess would be that is starts with a SOT or agency, probably more often the first one, purchases the gun from a H&K dealer. Is it their intent to buy the gun to turn it around in parts? Maybe sometimes, especially when it comes to selling HK416 part kites for $4500.

Similar to obtaining a machine gun, I know when the machine guns are taken off the registry it is usually done by submitting a form to the ATF.
Next the gun is cut up(per ATF regs?).

I feel most agencies send it to a shop to have the cutting done, whereas SOT probably do it themselves.

Clear as mud?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts