HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was all sad that I wasn't able to buy a USP(f) in .45 due to the the fact that my hands are too small so I opted for the .40, but now I see that this supposed .45 model is going to have interchangeable back straps!!! This is going to be great. I've tried calling my local dealer but they act like I'm speaking Gaelic or somthing, what gives...?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I would have first tried to get the USP .45Compact in your hands, it fits pretty good when the full size USP .45 is too big.

Congrats on your new USP - enjoy it!

·
Registered
870 Posts
The HK45 will be out in the year 2029 in a land far far away LOL.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Heard something about "cold day in hell". Not totally sure what date it referred to though. ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have first tried to get the USP .45Compact in your hands, it fits pretty good when the full size USP .45 is too big.

Congrats on your new USP - enjoy it!
I did and I agree, I really did like the way it fit. The problem is that I carry a G19 for a compact, and it is much more compact than the USP(c), or any HK for that matter besides maybe the P7M8. As far as a .45 goes I want a full sized pistol for this caliber for the fact that .45 packs a punch and under rapid fire it would be harder to control (at least for me). I haven't shot one yet, so I could be surprised due to HK's recoil reducing system. This is the reason I got a full sized USP .40. The snappy recoil in a compact would've thrown my grouping off. With a full sized it will handle the round better, and I can actually get a comfortable grip on it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I did and I agree, I really did like the way it fit. The problem is that I carry a G19 for a compact, and it is much more compact than the USP(c), or any HK for that matter besides maybe the P7M8. As far as a .45 goes I want a full sized pistol for this caliber for the fact that .45 packs a punch and under rapid fire it would be harder to control (at least for me). I haven't shot one yet, so I could be surprised due to HK's recoil reducing system. This is the reason I got a full sized USP .40. The snappy recoil in a compact would've thrown my grouping off. With a full sized it will handle the round better, and I can actually get a comfortable grip on it.
Check out the P2000.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Holy crap this topic has been beaten to death brought back from the dead , Beaten to death again brought back , then beaten to death again and then just beaten and beaten and beaten LOL

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Check out the P2000.
I have, it feels awesome. This size gun is really ideal for me, but again they don't make it in .45! I will probably pick this gun up in 9mm though eventually. I'm just going to wait out this HK.45 thing and see where it goes. It's grips are adjustable and this is the biggest perk for me!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Holy crap this topic has been beaten to death brought back from the dead , Beaten to death again brought back , then beaten to death again and then just beaten and beaten and beaten LOL
I knoooowwww hehehe. Combat Handguns has a full color 1 page ad for the HK45 now. HK is starting the advertising campaign for it...maybe by the end of the year...who knows! I for one wont be getting it as soon as it hits the dealers shelves...Im waiting a year or so until the 'first on my block' guys get theirs and the prices settle down.

They will be available when they are available ... stay tuned hehehe. :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
+1 for Kost
I have every USP .45 ever made and the 45c has a noticably (sp.?) smaller grip. My hand is almost too big for it but it's my carry pistol anyway. DECAL GRIP really helps me on all my HKs. I think it's the best $6.95 accessory made.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
+1 for Kost
I have every USP .45 ever made and the 45c has a noticably (sp.?) smaller grip. My hand is almost too big for it but it's my carry pistol anyway. DECAL GRIP really helps me on all my HKs. I think it's the best $6.95 accessory made.
+1 - I have large hands too, the fullsize .45 fits like a glove, the compact is tight, but works great! +1 on the Decal Grips - I have them on all my USP - they work great without adding girth.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Who knows but the waiting game has made alot of people mad and cost HK in civilian sales. I know several people who wanted one but have moved on myself included

·
Registered
46 Posts
Most of the HK45's features are nothing new compared to other brands. This weapon system will be a best-seller if H&K released this type of gun and simultaneously improve worldwide distributorship and aftermarket service, just like the Glock.

·
Registered
40 Posts
HK 45

Holy crap, H&K keeps setting a release time then delays it, then tells us some more crap about when it's coming out, then they delay it some more. Then H&K puts out another notice........ You get the idea. See the pattern here?
I wanted one so bad back in the spring. Now it pisses me off everytime I think about it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Holy crap, H&K keeps setting a release time then delays it, then tells us some more crap about when it's coming out, then they delay it some more. Then H&K puts out another notice........ You get the idea. See the pattern here?
I wanted one so bad back in the spring. Now it pisses me off everytime I think about it.
BTW. I have a P2000 in .40. IMO, it's the finest handgun I've ever fired and I've fired a lot of them.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I called HK today and they say that they are expecting to get them in October and ship to dealers asap.....

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
I called HK today and they say that they are expecting to get them in October and ship to dealers asap.....
not holding my breath, but that would be sweet..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts