HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all the lead up you would think people would be falling all over themselves to post the information.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But...but....G3Kruz had the inside dope??

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,212 Posts
After all the lead up you would think people would be falling all over themselves to post the information.
The 'BIG Announcement from HK" was that they have expanded and built a US design and production facility. Though that does not result in a shiny new product or two at the booth at SHOT this year, the impact is significant towards long term goals which will result in much greater access to US commercial products, as well as new options that would otherwise not be available due to German Government, EU and other restrictions.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
...and those with any semblance of reading comprehension will recall Jim saying their announcements will come over the course of more than a year. Weeks ago he told a number of people that HK pushed back some of their announcements.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
...and those with any semblance of reading comprehension will recall Jim saying their announcements will come over the course of more than a year. Weeks ago he told a number of people that HK pushed back some of their announcements.
Thank you. People keep complaining, but obviously none of them took any real time to check other threads to read what was actually said...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
The big announcement--- for firearms--- will probably be Spring/Summer 2017!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually I could care less about new HK products (not interested in yet another poly pistol or AR clone) and just find it interesting that HK thinks so much of itself that it skips the single biggest weapons related event in the US for new product announcements.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Actually I could care less about new HK products (not interested in yet another poly pistol or AR clone) and just find it interesting that HK thinks so much of itself that it skips the single biggest weapons related event in the US for new product announcements.
One thing I have learned over the last 14 years working for Mercedes-Benz is that German's are very patient minded folks!

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
Their booth was staffed well, plenty of offerings to show and play with. Why not announce at a different time and be a major headline instead of getting lost in all the other hoopla at Shot.

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
If you keep up with things happening over time and announcements you can pretty much figure out what at least some of the products coming are. One person had it right on here as far as all the companies were waiting for the results of the election before dumping out millions into product development or plant development..LOL

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
It appears more firearms companies are doing the same thing, so don't know what the big deal is. Seems more companies are now waiting to debut a product when it is actually ready, and only put out a couple teasers a couple months/weeks prior to release, instead of debuting a product at SHOT and then listening to people bitch when it isn't released quickly enough for them or doesn't get put into production after all.

Plus, if you are one of the big boys, you don't need SHOT show to debut anything. If you are an esstablished industry name, people will sit up and take notice if you debut a product on Twitter at 2 in the morning on a Tuesday. The big names don't need SHOT, SHOT needs them, especially with the amount of firearms pages online that will break the news just as easily to wider audiences.

I guarantee that the next big HK announcement will make us tent our trousers and have several threads on this forum and others. Haters and fanboys will be talking about it, and it won't be because it debuted at SHOT, it will be because it is HK.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The 'BIG Announcement from HK" was that they have expanded and built a US design and production facility. Though that does not result in a shiny new product or two at the booth at SHOT this year, the impact is significant towards long term goals which will result in much greater access to US commercial products, as well as new options that would otherwise not be available due to German Government, EU and other restrictions.
This IS great news! Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
One BIG announcement at SHOT was in the booth meeting room but not shown to the public outside.
I am somewhat surprised someone has not yet "leaked" an copy of the color brochure.
See how long that takes.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
So, if "some privileged people" know stuff because they got brochures why aren't they telling us? Was their a confidentiality agreement of sorts?

·
Registered
390 Posts
One BIG announcement at SHOT was in the booth meeting room but not shown to the public outside.
I am somewhat surprised someone has not yet "leaked" an copy of the color brochure.
See how long that takes.
G3Kurz
Well I wasn't in the shot show booth meeting room so I can't divulge any information, a free beer to the first person who posts a picture of the colorful brochure. Or describes it in great detail!�� Maybe we need to get the Russians involved here?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts