HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back I sold my P2K and P2SK. Reluctantly traded them toward other guns. They didn't actually fit my hand as well as I would have liked and had used a grip sleeve on both to make for a better fit. Fast forward to a few months back, while at my LGS I saw and held a P30 in 9mm. Once in hand I couldn't leave without it. Felt great to have another HK.

Moving forward further I finally found the right P30 in .40 and I bought it as well. The ergos of the P30 are fantastic. And of course we all know the quality of HK products is top notch. Now I feel even better to have two fine examples again. Both are the S models, the 9 being one of the gray frame imports and the 40 in black. As hickok45 says, life is good.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Good to have you back in the HK family. Your purchases are great. Glad your enjoying them. I bet your a bit sad on the p2000 series though. We’ve all been there. I happen to love my p2000’s. One is on me now. To me the p2000 is perfect for carry. I do get what your saying about the SK versions. I found the HKparts +1 base extension makes them extremely more comfortable to hold, shoot and carry. Made a world of difference and so far function 100%. Enjoy those p30’s! They are great too!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yes I did and do miss the ones I had previously. They both performed flawlessly and were extremely easy to carry, as you said. But I just don't like grip sleeves and the frames on the P2K family were just a bit too small for my average to large sized mitts. I've had and traded many handguns through the years and the HKs were the ones that I most regretted letting go of. Now I no longer need to regret their loss. Well at least not nearly as much.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I have medium size hands so I do understand that. Glad your happy with your new HK’s! I too enjoy the p30 series as well! Ya need a P30L now too 😁

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the things I enjoy most about gun boards is that we're all enablers. And very supportive of each others' wants.

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
Like many, I was also very impressed with the feel of the P30 the first time I held one. Took a while and went though a few others but I finally obtained that P30 and it's my ccw today.

Reactions: spentcase and Jslow

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Awhile back I sold my P2K and P2SK. Reluctantly traded them toward other guns. They didn't actually fit my hand as well as I would have liked and had used a grip sleeve on both to make for a better fit. Fast forward to a few months back, while at my LGS I saw and held a P30 in 9mm. Once in hand I couldn't leave without it. Felt great to have another HK.

Moving forward further I finally found the right P30 in .40 and I bought it as well. The ergos of the P30 are fantastic. And of course we all know the quality of HK products is top notch. Now I feel even better to have two fine examples again. Both are the S models, the 9 being one of the gray frame imports and the 40 in black. As hickok45 says, life is good.
Congrats and Welcome Home, show us pictures, would love to see the Gray frame P30

·
Registered
19 Posts
My P30L is the most ergonomically sound pistol I have ever held in my hand. During the shortage of 2013, I noticed that the .40 cal. ammo/pistols were the last thing on the shelves and I vowed I would get same. After research, I found the P30L waiting for me on the shelf. When I picked it up, it felt like it just melted into my hand. I bought it and after I switched out the side panels to the narrower panels, it was even better. Went to several LGS today and found more of the same. The popular cartridges, the ones stores stock the most were all gone, but there were still some .40 cal on the shelves.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Got a p2000 V3 .40 on me now. I keep saying it. The .40S&W is NOT dead. I really, really like the .40 and to be honestly have a bit more confidence in its stopping power of Lord forbid I ever have to use it in SD. I’m also just as accurate with it as I am with my 9mm’s.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats and Welcome Home, show us pictures, would love to see the Gray frame P30

Nope, the .40 is not dead. At least in my house. My new one, which should arrive at my LGS today and I'll be able to fill out the paperwork on, will be put into my carry rotation. This gray one, though not a .40, is one of my HD guns.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I felt the exact same way when I held that VP9 for the first time. The decision was easy and I said yes within 10 seconds. Being a fan of hammer, I had to buy a P30L after hearing how the grip is identical with the VP9 and also John told me to. So 2 HKs in one month. Don't regret a bit. Basically that was how I spent my stimulus checks...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL. I thought of sending Nancy and Chuck a thank you card for buying me a new gun with that first stimulus check. :p;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My new .40 got to my LGS today. Went in to fill out the paperwork. Gotta love the finish on HK guns. Black is actually black.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Congrats!! What a great new acquisition! Enjoy it my friend it’s a fine weapon and I’ll keep saying.... the .40 S&W is NOT dead!!!! I’ve got a p2000 V2 on me now in .40! I really like .40.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seeing all these P30s makes me think again whether I should wait for the P30 or just pick up the VP9 Tactical I ordered. I can only afford one at the moment. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think the answer to that question Silver is weather you would prefer hammer to striker. I'm sure either would serve you well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think the answer to that question Silver is weather you would prefer hammer to striker. I'm sure either would serve you well.
I’m sure sooner or later. It’s good to have both. I started out with striker fired. then ended up with hammer fired.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m sure sooner or later. It’s good to have both. I started out with striker fired. then ended up with hammer fired.
It would be both :D

I have a CZ SP-01 Shadow Line (Shadow internals) with trigger job done by CZ Customs and also a nice RXP XFull P320 and I adore the both of them.

So I guess for me I'm trying to determine which one to get first, haha.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It would be both :D

I have a CZ SP-01 Shadow Line (Shadow internals) with trigger job done by CZ Customs and also a nice RXP XFull P320 and I adore the both of them.

So I guess for me I'm trying to determine which one to get first, haha.
whichever you see first grab it. They been sellin out so fast it’s unreal.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts