HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
One of the things I enjoy most about gun boards is that we're all enablers. And very supportive of each others' wants.
Wants? Who has those?

I have needs.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It would be both :D

I have a CZ SP-01 Shadow Line (Shadow internals) with trigger job done by CZ Customs and also a nice RXP XFull P320 and I adore the both of them.

So I guess for me I'm trying to determine which one to get first, haha.
Given that, Nick's advice below makes the most sense. And he's right, they don't last long.

whichever you see first grab it. They been sellin out so fast it’s unreal.

Wants? Who has those?

I have needs.
;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
OP can you chime in on the shooting experience of the P2000 vs P30. Specifically DA/SA. I have a P30L but originally wanted a P2000. Still have this itch of wanting to get one but if it shoots almost identically I don't see why I need one.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
My P2K was in .40. My first P30S is in 9mm. I haven't taken the P30S in .40 home yet.
The P2K was snappier than the P30S in 9mm, and that would be expected.
I'm expecting the P30 in .40 to be a better shooting experience because of the much improved (to me), ergonomics of the P30 grip. But also the P30 is slightly longer in the slide and the grip, and is a bit heavier also so it would be expected to shoot a bit better. As far as the triggers of the two I have not noticed a marked difference.
Hope this helps, though it's all very subjective.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
OP can you chime in on the shooting experience of the P2000 vs P30. Specifically DA/SA. I have a P30L but originally wanted a P2000. Still have this itch of wanting to get one but if it shoots almost identically I don't see why I need one.
“Need” almost never enters the realm of deciding to get another HK or not. Just sayin ..😁😁. Welcome to the site by the way!! Good to have you. Many, many awesome people on here to be your enablers. Oh, and that p2000 you spoke of. It’s my favorite EDC weapon of choice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
“Need” almost never enters the realm of deciding to get another HK or not. Just sayin ..😁😁. Welcome to the site by the way!! Good to have you. Many, many awesome people on here to be your enablers. Oh, and that p2000 you spoke of. It’s my favorite EDC weapon of choice.
Any input on how the shooting experience is vs the P30 series lol. But yeah I think we all wish we could have more HKs :). Just trying to keep my wallet happy too.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Any input on how the shooting experience is vs the P30 series lol. But yeah I think we all wish we could have more HKs :). Just trying to keep my wallet happy too.
Gosh I certainly understand. Always seems to be more on the list then green in the wallet. The struggle is real. But keep at it and miraculously they multiply. 😁. Now between the p2000 and p30 series. The p30 is a bit more ergonomic and has more slide push back against me. The p2000 is a bit slide heavy and to me reduced the amount of recoil jump making it a bit quicker to get back on target. Both of mine are LEM variants. The p2000 a V2 and the p30 and my P30L are V1 light LEM’s. Both are nice to shoot for sure. If I’m at the range I’m shooting more of the p30. If I’m carrying it for SD... no questions the p2000 is on my side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awhile back I sold my P2K and P2SK. Reluctantly traded them toward other guns. They didn't actually fit my hand as well as I would have liked and had used a grip sleeve on both to make for a better fit. Fast forward to a few months back, while at my LGS I saw and held a P30 in 9mm. Once in hand I couldn't leave without it. Felt great to have another HK.

Moving forward further I finally found the right P30 in .40 and I bought it as well. The ergos of the P30 are fantastic. And of course we all know the quality of HK products is top notch. Now I feel even better to have two fine examples again. Both are the S models, the 9 being one of the gray frame imports and the 40 in black. As hickok45 says, life is good.
Congrat on the new purchase

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Picked up my .40 today. A good day. Medium backstrap and grip panels, and it fits my hand like a glove. Just like the 9mm. Imagine that (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve got a VP9SK and a USP Expert in 45. Recently, I decided I would buy a Wilson Combat EDC X9.
Dont get me wrong. The WC is a nice pistol, but even at $3k+ it does not diminish my appreciation for my HKs. HK knows how to make a really nice weapon!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts