HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend was the Saddle Butte Machine Gun Shoot, my wife and son went with me and had a great time. Thought I would share since there is some HKs in it.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Nice vid... I like the way you mixed in the still shots. Great job... looks like a lot of fun over there in Orygun. We have one going on this coming weekend.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I just haven't been doing to much with the NFA stuff lately or building anything and I haven't thought of anything I NEED or want to build, mostly long range shooting and Varminting.
So whats new with you Shattered?

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
So whats new with you Shattered?
Competition guns as of late. Went with a couple of Macs, a 380 made into a Lage Max-31A and an M-11/9 made into an AMP-11. The AMP-11 needs to go on a diet... it's seriously heavy, especially with the Suomi drums. Both guns have almost no recoil and are great in a match. Also futzed with my old Thompson. It now works in 9mm, 7.62x25, 40 as well as 45. Can do a cal change at the range in about 3 minutes... less than 2 minutes from 9 to russki x25. Still waiting for Mike Otte to have mercy on my soul and offer me an MM-23 for the original buy in price... :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Sweet vid! The smile on your sons face was priceless, prob the best B day gift he ever had. I plan to do my first MG shoot July 4th here in the Tampa area (Hernando) & try out the new aquired K PDW. I noticed you own a few Sebru's also, real nice guy I might add.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks guys.
Yes my son has shot about everything out there, all my friends let him shoot at their stuff so he gets everything. Kind of funny I had him instructing the people who wanted to shoot the Barrett - he put 85 round through it that day by himself.
He has been going with me to that the last 5 years plus shooting with me quite often - we can shoot out to 100M in my front yard-, so it makes it nice since the ROs figure out pretty quick he is better than most adult at handling a weapon -good ass beatings will do that to them :) -
As far as the Tannerite, the best part was it took him 2 shots, after the first he looked at the guys whose rifle it was and said " Your rifle is off!" LOL, "No, I told you it is 1" low and 1" to the left with the can on it!" as they are arguing everyone on the line is waiting - I edited that - . Then he shot it on the second shot and proceeded to blast 2 more before anyone else could. Not to be outdone, a guy "Donated 10#" , but he wanted to shoot it, so after 5 shot everyone wanted the "Kid" to shoot it, then he had a friend shoot it. LOL it was great!!!!
He can shoot!!!, I have been getting into long range shooting and he is right there with me, he has 3 out of 5 on a 16" x 24" @ 1362yrds w a .308 @ 175SMKs, I didn't try as I knew better.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
Nohair,

Thanks for taking the time to compile the vid and posting it Great stuff there my friend. It's why we do what we do. Looked like a wonderful time for all...esp, Nohair Jr. What a treat for that young man. May he always remember that.

-hh

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Eric... what's the kid's handle...? Shorthair? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Yeah... really. The only ammo I have bought in years is brandy new 7.62x25... because I was too stoopid to pick up several pallets when it was cheap. As I mentioned... we've got a shoot coming up this weekend in Ohio and I'm just gonna throw in a couple dozen ammo cans of whatever from the pile.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Yeah... really. The only ammo I have bought in years is brandy new 7.62x25... because I was too stoopid to pick up several pallets when it was cheap. As I mentioned... we've got a shoot coming up this weekend in Ohio and I'm just gonna throw in a couple dozen ammo cans of whatever from the pile.
Will the 1919A4 be making it Phoenix return to life after a couple million miles?
Taking any new and cool HK's ... mandatory HK content ;-)

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Not for awhile, I fear. The entire gun is sitting, totally disassembled in a briefcase waiting for the wife to get some time off so we can both go down to FL and harass Dougie. The company she works for (my old company that got bought out) keeps threatening layoffs. I wish they'd get off the pot and do it! I can use some intensive time with Oefinger (and maybe blow up some alligators and hoggies). I still wish I had the vidcam running when we opened up with a pair of Brownings and a bunch of young cattle were crowding the fence line eyeporking what we were doing... never saw cows run like gazelles before.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts