HKPRO Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
I emailed HK Customer Service last night asking where the new production of the P30 will take place this year, USA or Germany. They were very quick to respond to me this morning:

" At of this time the P30 will still be manufactured in Germany. "

Anyone who tells you HK has poor customer service is most definitely wrong. They've always been quick to respond to me, and polite. Things may have been different 10-20 years ago - I wouldn't know - but their customer service is definitely on point these days.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just my preference really. I know it sounds snobby but one of the draws for me is German engineering and quality. Sigs are US made now and pieces of garbage. So I would hate to see that happen to HK. I don't fault anyone for disagreeing with my viewpoint as it may be irrational but for me, if I'm buying an HK, it better have the stag on the side.
Whenever someone says "US made HKs will be just as good as the German originals," I can't help but think of the SIG example too. It is perfectly possible for US workers in a US factory to produce a superior product, but it is by no means a foregone conclusion that everything will work perfectly from the beginning, with no growing pains or lessons to be learned. I would go so far as to say even if HK built a new factory elsewhere in Germany, there could be some issues to iron out at the start.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Whenever someone says "US made HKs will be just as good as the German originals," I can't help but think of the SIG example too. It is perfectly possible for US workers in a US factory to produce a superior product, but it is by no means a foregone conclusion that everything will work perfectly from the beginning, with no growing pains or lessons to be learned. I would go so far as to say even if HK built a new factory elsewhere in Germany, there could be some issues to iron out at the start.
How long have 45/45C been made is US???? Just saying, plenty of threads on here about quality deltas between US/German made, IIRC no one has noticed any.

Between my US made full size and compact I have nearly 6K trouble free rounds, off top of my head, might be more would have to check logs.

·
Registered
18,647 Posts
Name a single issue with the US-made HK45/HK45C that you have read or heard of.

Don't quote about the "false trigger reset" issue because it happens to other German-made USPCs and Experts as well.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Name a single issue with the US-made HK45/HK45C that you have read or heard of.

Don't quote about the "false trigger reset" issue because it happens to other German-made USPCs and Experts as well.
Bingo, this is all much ado about nothing... when you look at H&K's track record for producing quality gear.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
SIG made hundreds of thousands of outstanding quality US made pistols during the 90s including P229, P226, and P239. Their problems began in the early 2000s when they were doing poorly financially due to agencies switching to Glocks and took a turn to the worse in 2005 when they hired the ex CEO from Kimber who let quality control slip. It's ridiculous to think Americans can not build high quality products of any kind if management makes it a priority and allows needed capitol, time, and training to implement it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
It's ridiculous to think Americans can not build high quality products of any kind if management makes it a priority and allows needed capitol, time, and training to implement it.
+1. Sig/USA philosophy declined and it cost them.
I have not heard of NH/USA produced HK45/45C problems, indicative of industrial manufacturing QA/QC in-place.
Now if the HK45 failed the German drop test and swept it under the rug like the P320, we have a problem.

HK needs to recover from its failed Saudi project and evil sales to non-NATO, thus the US civilian market is quite a huge pie. TBD/seen really is the final US manufacturing implementation.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I emailed HK Customer Service last night asking where the new production of the P30 will take place this year, USA or Germany. They were very quick to respond to me this morning:

Anyone who tells you HK has poor customer service is most definitely wrong. They've always been quick to respond to me, and polite. Things may have been different 10-20 years ago - I wouldn't know - but their customer service is definitely on point these days.
Good news. Thanks for reporting back.

·
Registered
668 Posts

Good news. Thanks for reporting back.

·
Registered
71 Posts
there was a popular thread here about the rumor of a reduced price of the p30 a bit ago. For those that haven't seen here is some official news about it. In short, P30 MSRP now matches VP9 MSRP. No news on P30L price, but presumably comparable price drop. Also include a pic of the new VP9 colored slide, if that's your bag

Hecker & Koch drops prices for handguns, adds new colors
That's pretty drastic and awesome for me!

·
Registered
847 Posts
^I just clicked that link and the pic of the P30 has no German proof marks - has anyone gotten a new P30 lately and noticed if its still made in Germany or is it like the HK45 series now and no rollmarks/matching serial #'s?

·
Registered
12 Posts
^I just clicked that link and the pic of the P30 has no German proof marks - has anyone gotten a new P30 lately and noticed if its still made in Germany or is it like the HK45 series now and no rollmarks/matching serial #'s?
I just picked up a new P30 and P30L, both new manufacture and both have German markings. Safe to say still German made. I've also called a few times and there no indication of them moving production to the US. They read me off several expected import dates months down the line. So you should have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
847 Posts
^^Cool man! Prob just a "show special" thing - Now to convince my wife I need another P30 (I only have P30L so I guess I need "the original", right?)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
^^^ rbobby. The VP doesn’t appear to have DE marks either, but agreed they’re probably one-off demo/show guns, not in the wild.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts