HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the last ProMag light HK Bipod from JSE surplus for $60 shipped.
I was aware that they are a mixed bag and experiences are usually negative.

Mine arrived yesterday and all I can say is I'm rather impressed.
-The steel has a great texture to it and feels strong, being apparently high-carbon type.
-The finish itself I would grade as a 8 out of 10. It has a nice black look but seems to mar in some places and isn't totally pleasing aesthetically.
-Extended it allows for some very minor play as all HK bipods are supposed to. It stays extended and won't fold up unless the buttons are depressed.
-The largest problem mostly noted about these is the lockup. I can say I got a lucky one in that it does not hang 1 inch below the handguard when folded. Both legs lockup and stay there. One leg is rock solid folded up, the other has some slight play in it that probably just needs some minor fitting, but wouldn't bother the non-perfectionist.

In conclusion, I'd like to say give them a shot. Not all are bad, but I wouldn't guarantee them all to work like mine either. Believe it or not, some ProMag stuff actually works!

Some instructions on fitting in case anyone is interested...HK bipod - how to fix

·
Banned
58 Posts
I purchased one from Graf & Sons, it would not stay locked in the open position.I had to rework the locking pin in the legs to get it to work right.Now it locks up nice.Not bad for the price I paid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts