HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...the grip circumference with the smallest panels and smallest (flattest)back strap.

I'd LOVE it if it was around 5.3 inches or less at the widest point.

The stores seem to have the large or medium back strap on- no idea on panels.

Any kind soles out there with a tape meaure?

BTW, does one really need a punch tool to change out the grip?

Please- I beg of you guys.

THANKS!

Dean

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes you do need a punch but it's easy to do. It's a little difficult to get an acurate measurement since the finger grooves kind of get in the way. But the magic string says...

Small inserts- smallest part (high part of grip) is 5 1/8", largest part (low on the grip with the bump) is 5 1/2"

Medium inserts- smallest part is 5 1/4", largest part is 5 5/8".

Large inserts- smallest part is 5 1/2", largest part is 6"

I have small hands but the trigger is very easy to reach with any of the inserts it's just the large one feels like it puts a great big hump in your palm. Seems to me there should be an in between size from Medium to Large.

I know you were looking for a specific number and although those are the numbers, you really have to feel it to truely appreciate how small it really feels. I mean it feels tiny and it would be good for kids and their tiny hands as well as smaller women. I've never felt a grip so small without going to a 22. Kind of feels like Sig's Masquito.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Emanp,

Small inserts- smallest part (high part of grip) is 5 1/8", largest part (low on the grip with the bump) is 5 1/2"

[snippage]

I've never felt a grip so small without going to a 22. Kind of feels like Sig's Masquito.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. :)

I have felt it. I just kept thinking if this was medium panels and backstrap at the store then the small should be *perfect*.

The Sig 239 is 5.3 inches and that would be fine for me...though the high power grip is the best fitting gun in my hand I have ever tried.

But...

BUT...

I believe we have a winner with the P30 and small inserts! We're talking single stack grip size there. Heck. I may even just use the small (I suspect totally flat) back strap and medium panels!

Really, I just needed something *slightly smaller* than the 20000SK with the hump on the back strap.

This is totally awesome news! Thanks a billion, Sir!

NOW I WANT ONE BADLY!

Going on vacation 2 weeks so will look to get one probably end Dec beginning Janauary.

Maybe there will be another shipment in by then.

Would it be OK to post these measurements elsewhere?

SIG actually supplied their grip circumferences on the various grips the 250 will have. Smallest is 5.4 inches. That's not small. Under 5.3 is single stack territory.

5 and 1/8th at the high part is important. That should allow me to grip naturally and have my thumb pointed straight down the bore exis.

Regardless, the P30 will be the best fitting DA/SA I will ever be able to get.

I wish all manufacturers included grip circumference. The XD-9 is pretty good too.

Man, I'm thrilled now! I loved my P2000SK and the man I sold it too is using it as daily CCW, but regretted selling it fearing the P30 wouldn't be any smaller over the SK.

It's not just size, but the shape that is important when you have small hands.

Sounds like the P30 may be better than even the high power for me.

I WANT a heavy double action pull on a carry gun.

Just read the trigger on the 250 is horrible. Must let all the way out to reset the DOA trigger.

I can't wait to get the P30 now. Sweeeeeeeeeet.

Thanks so much again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts