HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am very close to pulling the trigger on a H&K 9mm and have a few questions.

What is the difference between the P30 and the VP9?

What is the difference between the v1 and v3?

What is the deal with the P2000 and the USP? (never heard of them).

Thanks in advance for your responses.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
You are gonna have to familiarize yourself with the search button. And be prepared for some Limp Bizkit references :biggrin:

Welcome none the less.

·
Registered
814 Posts
The difference is that the VP9 striker fired pistol will be your first, the P30 hammer fired pistol will be your second. Then you will check out converting the P30 from the V3 DA/SA trigger to LEM. Then of course you will want to pickup some of the classics, your 3rd will be P2000 and your 4th will be the USP. Now your hooked and the USP Expert and the P7M8 on are your wish list... :biggrin:

·
Registered
312 Posts
The difference is that the VP9 striker fired pistol will be your first, the P30 hammer fired pistol will be your second. Then you will check out converting the P30 from the V3 DA/SA trigger to LEM. Then of course you will want to pickup some of the classics, your 3rd will be P2000 and your 4th will be the USP. Now your hooked and the USP Expert and the P7M8 on are your wish list... :biggrin:
Pretty much nailed it! The VP9 is a fantastic pistol and would make an excellent choice for you're first HK. The USP is an uber reliable work horse and I would highly recommend a USP tactical. The P30 is similar to the VP but is hammer fired. They are the Lays potato chips of the handgun world, you don't just stop with one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
All good pistols, reading reviews can't replace holding each model pistol and then shooting them. If you can rent an HK(s) at a local range, I would. If you like 1911's, you will probably like the USP. The USP .45 was the first pistol I bought in less than 5 minutes. That was the day after I shot my friends USP.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome! Start with the vp9 and go from there. Lots of good info if you search. Let us know what you end up with!
Yup, get the VP9 first and you'll feel like a hero at the range, it's incredibly easy to shoot accurately and is uber-reliable.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Modern Rifleman writer says >>>
In my opinion, the USP is among the best pistols ever conceived. It is reliable, lightweight, soft shooting, and has an above average trigger, especially for a service pistol.

Heckler & Koch USP Review (9mm) | Modern Rifleman
Thanks for posting, can't argue with the review, my .45 USP was a match winner out of the box. The only thing I add was night sights. The texturing on the USP grip doesn't irritate my hands like some other pistols. My brother carried an H&K for years as a Sky Marshall.

https://www.amazon.com/Meprolight-Heckler-Tru-Dot-Tactical-Adjustable/dp/B002E6WWDG

·
Registered
545 Posts
I would start, with the USP compact or a P-2000, anyway be prepare to buy all models of HK, then there is Sig Sauer, Glocks, 1911s LOL

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Yes, handle the VP9 in a local gun shop (or even better, shoot a friend's first) and buy that first if you like it.

I personally like my VP9 much better than my P30L (my first pistol) that I recently sold and used the funds to purchase my VP40. Since I had a P30 already, my next HK's will probably be USPs or an HK45c!

Happy "hunting"!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts