HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been asked by a friend who’s out of the country to obtain parts to convert a DAO USP .40 to conventional DA/SA. He told me he needs the following parts:
218571 hammer
219442 catch
214099 catch plate
214184 safety lever
214180 latch

I was wondering if someone here could confirm those are the only parts he needs and recommend a source where I could buy those parts? Also, I may have to send him some punches for the job, so if you happen to know sizes, etc., needed for the parts change, please let me know.

I’m not new to guns (some of you may recognize the screen name from gunboards, falfiles, ar15, rimfirecentral, etc.), but have very little experience with the USPs, so please explain any not so obvious abbreviations to those not in the “HK know”. I’m seeing various posts referring to “LEM” but I’m not sure this is the same thing I’m inquiring about.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone buy HK parts here? Can you recommend a vendor? Am I inquiring in the wrong forum or site, or perhaps wrong format?

TIA

·
2,832 Posts
here is where I get my USP parts, they are HK dealers(in WA state, but ship anyplace), large stock of HK parts and are certified on the USP.

LEEDWAY.com

calling is better than email, but they will tell you wants needed and almost sure will have the parts in stock, ask for Doug or Charles

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve been asked by a friend who’s out of the country to obtain parts to convert a DAO USP .40 to conventional DA/SA. He told me he needs the following parts:
218571 hammer
219442 catch
214099 catch plate
214184 safety lever
214180 latch
You will need more than the above to convert V7 to V1

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sure you already have but call Jeff at HK 205-655-8299 he is very helpful. I have found that unless they are surplus parts (such as mags) then most people who have the parts want more than HK does for them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, guys! Since I'm not versed on the various versions or firing modes, I've requested more info. from my friend prior to ordering the parts.

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanted to thank everyone again. Jeff at HK took a couple of days to call back but it was Doug at Leedway who sold me everything, on the same day I called, without the need for waiting for my friend to send me serial#, etc.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts