HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
hi all - new hk owner here

hk usp compact tactical + gemtech blackside 45

question - is it considered carrying a loaded gun if you have a case with a gun (with or without empty magazine in the gun) but on the side pocket of the case is a magazine topped with bullets in it?

is that considered carrying a loaded gun in your car?

·
Registered
1 Posts
MD is sketchy. Rule of thumb: don't carry loaded mags, don't keep a mag empty or otherwise in your gun.

Having said that - i keep the mags and gun together in my range bag (unloaded and not in the gun), i also keep ammo in the same bag.

Hope this helps. How's the can shoot? I'm around annapolis...

·
Registered
2 Posts
In MD a loaded mag is considered a loaded weapon. It is not allowed when you are in transport.
HKer from Towson.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Harford County here... Bought my first handgun last November and have purchased 4 more since then. My last two have been HKs. I picked up an HK45 last Sat at a HK Demo Day in Timonium. Also got a USP9c that I should be picking up later this week and a USC 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Canuck, nice to see you here!

Arnold checking in (just outside Naptown).

·
Registered
34 Posts
As I said in the MD shooters thread, I'm in SoMD, new HK owner, and new member. Registered here to see about extra goodies and to see who has a sight tool...need to install night sights and don't know anyone that can do it. Should be picking up my '01 USP Compact .40 in a few days. Getting a few mags (NOT clips....lol), box of FMJ ammo, holster, speed loader, original box and papers, and night sights for $650. I'd say good deal. Not new to guns by any means (former Marine and carry in my current profession), or to forums. Name is Tom, btw.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hazard county here. Just bought a P2000 LEM .40 last month. Like it, but have to re-learn after shooting LOTS of Glock over the last 6 years. I carry loaded mags in my range bag too. F O'Malley!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in gaithersburg , MD . here in Montgomery County the law states you have to purchase your ammo from the shooting range & use all of it before you leave . needless to say the shooting ranges in mont. co. have outrageous prices . I usually go to the outdoor range in Linganore , frederick co. where those laws dont apply & sometimes go to upper marlboro . living in mont co is almost as bad as CA .

·
Registered
28 Posts
hmmm i haven't noticed this 'HK by State' section before

I'm in southwest baltimore. my shooting grounds are in west baltimore county, the AGC of MD, member of Baltimore Rifle Club.

Hi

1 - 20 of 22 Posts