HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got an SP5 and I couldn’t be happier, it’s a dream come true (off topic: other than a few wobble parts, grips and hand guard, normal?).
I was surprised at the how nice the bag was, initially. Only after a few weeks of owning it and bringing the SP5 in the bag to range, it’s starting to show serious wear. Lots of frilly ends almost everywhere that I’ve been cutting down. But, the thing that made me write this, is I go to grab my USP out of one of the velcro compartments in one of the flaps, and I notice a large separation, and I’m like damn, I didn’t want to have to invest in a new bag. This one fits my mark 23, USP, and the SP5 like a champ, but the quality seems to be lower than the visual appeal. Did I get a defect, or is anyone else having this issue? Should I just sow it 🤮?
-thanks

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I recently got an SP5 and I couldn’t be happier, it’s a dream come true (off topic: other than a few wobble parts, grips and hand guard, normal?).
I was surprised at the how nice the bag was, initially. Only after a few weeks of owning it and bringing the SP5 in the bag to range, it’s starting to show serious wear. Lots of frilly ends almost everywhere that I’ve been cutting down. But, the thing that made me write this, is I go to grab my USP out of one of the velcro compartments in one of the flaps, and I notice a large separation, and I’m like damn, I didn’t want to have to invest in a new bag. This one fits my mark 23, USP, and the SP5 like a champ, but the quality seems to be lower than the visual appeal. Did I get a defect, or is anyone else having this issue? Should I just sow it 🤮?
-thanks View attachment 278984
My bag has held up like a champ w multiple trips to the range. I normally carry my SP5, Sp5k along w 4-5 mags and ear muff .

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Reminds me of the free duffel bag the NRA sent me when I joined about ten years ago. It was the worst quality bag I have ever had the displeasure of owning. It was indicative of the quality of the NRA overall too as a firearms rights group.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Reminds me of the free duffel bag the NRA sent me when I joined about ten years ago. It was the worst quality bag I have ever had the displeasure of owning. It was indicative of the quality of the NRA overall too as a firearms rights group.
yes agreed. These are just cheap “filler” products to take up space and push a logo

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is your bag the new smaller HK style (no front pockets) or with the 3 pockets in front? I have the 3-pocket HK bag and I’ve only taken the bag fresh out the box for the first time to remove the pistol and already noticed the inner stitching on one corner lining was coming off. Nice looking bag but not very good quality control at all.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've never considered any free bag or thin hardshell case that's included with a gun purchase to be worth more than anything as a resale booster.

I do hate to see the bag is separating but it's not surprising to me at least having seen Glock and Sig bags fall apart relatively quickly. The cases that come with the SP5K-PDW, Barret MRAD (Pelican), etc are tanks but are certainly not as convenient.

Unsure what the HK forum recommended purchase is for a range bag. I've always been partial to Osprey packs for my gear, but then again that's typically just to hold a rifle, magazines, ammo, and little grub.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Vertex bags are nice, but a little pricey. For the money the savior equipment bags are hard to beat. Not made in US but well made. Definitely better than the midway bags

·
Registered
"The Fraternal Twins"
141 Posts
I got that same green/black duffle bag & have it stuffed with ammo along with a S&W & SIG range bags that also didn't hold up = Made in China.. Even all my NRA hats are made in China.. Who makes the call on this type of stuff.. We are gonna need Ted Nugent to be the next NRA President if it's to survive..

I'm in need myself of a new bag & will look at any listed in this thread, Just to See!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah, sounds like it’s not worth sewing up. Bite the bullet and get a vertx. That or a Haley Trategic INCOG bag. Both are pricey. But worth the investment when you are carrying/protecting good gear.
If I had a hipoint and a couple Taurus paperweights I’d probably just throw them all in a grocery bag like a poor savage.

·
Priest of the P7
4,825 Posts
I have a Haley bag and it's decent quality. I recently (last year or so) picked up a few Elite Survival Systems bags and I think they are a tier of quality above any other bags I've owned.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Vertex bags are nice, but a little pricey. For the money the savior equipment bags are hard to beat. Not made in US but well made. Definitely better than the midway bags
+1 for Savior bags. I have their smaller, double SBR model and use it a lot. It shows no wear at all. My buddy picked up one of their regular double rifle bags and has had a good experience too. Definitely a good quality product even though it’s made in China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Get a “Discreet Sub Gun Case” by WRB.

A little pricey, but when you consider what your putting inside it, its worth the investment. And its made in the good ol USA!!!!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I picked up the HK rang bag wish they no longer sell and that is built well have not heard of the SP5 bag falling apart sure HK will replace it give them a call.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had problems (tears) with my USC soft case and HK customer service sent me a new one after I sent them pictures. Awesome customer service. Give them a call.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Your bag is an alternative to a plastic clamshell case
Yep. I'd much rather have a bag, of any quality. My case is useless after my form 1.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts

Fortunately the bag I ended up with was one of the 3 pocket designs. Seems like solid quality to me, similar to a "Savior" brand bag I have for my BCM AR.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts