HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. Was watching Garand thumb's video on the SP5 and he mentioned that the bore on the SP5 is chrome lined. This piqued my curiosity, as to my knowledge none of the HK roller lock weapons were chrome lined save for some of their belt feds. I checked the SP5 spec sheet on HK's website, and sure enough the barrel on the SP5 is chrome lined. I then checked the SP5K PDW spec sheet, and found that there was no mentioning of a chrome lined bore for the SP5's little brother.

So, does anyone know if the SP5K PDW is chrome lined like the SP5? If it indeed is, did HK just forget to add that detail into the PDW spec sheet?

Pingu

·
Registered
496 Posts
Just checked my SP5k-PDW and it does NOT have a chrome-lined barrel, not sure about the standard SP5k.

EDITED Response: Need to change the batteries on my bore light haha.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Pretty sure the only roller lock that's chrome-lined are the 23E/21E barrels; no MP5/SP5.

Likely a snafu on the marketing/website of the house and not a welcome upgrade on the technical side of the house. MP5 barrels have outlived other parts of the gun into absurd 6-figure round counts and historically... their usefulness in most cases. It makes zero sense for them to start with this expensive upgrade now for the civ SP5 given how they treat their civ market (MR556 ring a bell?)

This would agree:

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
2,010 Posts
It was a mistake in the promotional literature. As @bystok said, neither are chrome lined.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty sure the only roller lock that's chrome-lined are the 23E/21E barrels; no MP5/SP5.

Likely a snafu on the marketing/website of the house and not a welcome upgrade on the technical side of the house. MP5 barrels have outlived other parts of the gun into absurd 6-figure round counts and historically... their usefulness in most cases. It makes zero sense for them to start with this expensive upgrade now for the civ SP5 given how they treat their civ market (MR556 ring a bell?)

This would agree:
Yup I've heard the stories of MP5s shooting hundreds of thousands of rounds on original barrels, which aren't chrome lined of course. Because of this, it didn't bother me that the SP5 series is not chrome lined, just found it odd that their marketing literature made quite an erroneous claim.

On that note, a chrome lined US MR223A3 would be greatly appreciated 😎

1 - 9 of 9 Posts