HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for the pin on the back of the sp5 to be kinda loose and moving around? By pin, I mean the one you take out in order to separate the lower from the upper

·
Registered
252 Posts
That’s doesn’t sound good. Everything on both of mine lock up tight. How does the pin hole look on the receiver? There was another thread where a dealer received one chewed up from their distributor.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s doesn’t sound good. Everything on both of mine lock up tight. How does the pin hole look on the receiver? There was another thread where a dealer received one chewed up from their distributor.
strange, now it fits snugly now...not sure if its just because I put it in a different orientation now...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Something to pay attention to going forward. I’ll check my orientations tonight and try and change them around see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something to pay attention to going forward. I’ll check my orientations tonight and try and change them around see if it makes a difference.
thanks! do let me know what you discover. curious if its a broader issue or not

·
Registered
252 Posts
thanks! do let me know what you discover. curious if its a broader issue or not
Well I tried every possible combination by rotating through them in both directions and tried switching each pin into a different direction as well. Everything locked up tight without any wobble.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I tried every possible combination by rotating through them in both directions and tried switching each pin into a different direction as well. Everything locked up tight without any wobble.
Hmm interesting. I find after I reassemble it is a little loose, but after pulling the charging handle once, it locks up.

·
HK Shooting Team
2,871 Posts
Take a video, send it to HK Customer Service...you may need a new large rear pin...do the video though in case it is operator error and then they can save u some time, expense, and effort!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Take a video, send it to HK Customer Service...you may need a new large rear pin...do the video though in case it is operator error and then they can save u some time, expense, and effort!

You’re not going to go wrong with this guys advice. And yes it locks up fine even before charging it.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
The receiver end cap on my SP5 was unbelievably tight to the receiver. I honestly don't understand how a pin can be loose. Are you running a brace?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts