HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the SP5K to the range today to try it with my Aimpoint Pro that I've used on a few different rifles. I've been debating what kind of optic I want to put on the SP5K when my Form 1 finally comes through and I can shoot it in USPSA PCC division with a stock installed. Firing it semi-supported resting the hand guard on a bag at 25 yards and using the SB brace, this is a 5-shot group with Fiocchi 123g FMJ:

5SHOT_SP5K.JPG

For reference, I also shot my Wilson Combat AR9, which has a 16" barrel, same ammo and I moved the Aimpoint Pro over that, so same optic, 5-shot group at 25 yards:

5SHOT_AR9.JPG

As you can see the AR9 is more accurate (no surprise there with a 16" barrel), but when I moved the target to 10 yards and worked on double-taps and 5-shot runs, the SP5K kicks ass! It has so much less recoil than the AR9 it's very easy to keep on target. I used to think the AR9 had about as little recoil as a 9mm could have, but I was wrong.

SP5K_AimpointPro.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
The other thing I have noticed shooting my 9mm AR rifle with 5" barrel and 7" barrel is the MP5 and MP5k's using the same suppressor are quiter. I think it is the difference between blow back and roller lock actions. The bolt stays lock a split second longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts