HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the SP5K was shipped in the black case from Germany or if they were packaged up like that one they arrived here?

From what I saw at the store today the cases might be made by Boyt Harness Company as their H-series case.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Anyone know if the SP5K was shipped in the black case from Germany or if they were packaged up like that one they arrived here?

From what I saw at the store today the cases might be made by Boyt Harness Company as their H-series case.

I was told they arrived from Germany in cardboard boxes delivered to HKCS.
There the guns were repackaged and shipped to dealers.
That's what Mike of MM told me.
And later was comfirmed by HKCS when I called to order extra SP5K 30 round mags :biggrin:
She told me the boxes were being broken down as we were talking...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was told they arrived from Germany in cardboard boxes delivered to HKCS.
There the guns were repackaged and shipped to dealers.
That's what Mike of MM told me.
And later was comfirmed by HKCS when I called to order extra SP5K 30 round mags :biggrin:
She told me the boxes were being broken down as we were talking...
I was wondering a samething and that's good thing to know. Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just confirmed that the case is made in USA, made by Pelican case eventhough it ships from Germany if anyone's wondering..

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did you confirm that? It doesn't look like the cases on pelicans website, and almost perfectly like the one I found last night.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I called and spoke with CS rep. It is custom made for HK so it wouldn't be on pelican website.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Well now I feel silly for comparing it to a Pelican case in my original review. Or maybe this just validates the remark. I'm so confused.

·
Priest of the P7
5,043 Posts
Looks like the same case to me, likely minus the cut out foam.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will have to go back, but when I saw it I thought they had put the SP5Ks out on the floor. The foam was the cheap stuff, but the dimensions are close enough it had me wondering.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The SP5K case completes the whole presentation and makes it an even more badass package overall. Once I have it SBR'd I'll likely get another set of foam inserts custom cutout to fit the gun in it's new configuration. Love the hard case.

·
Priest of the P7
5,043 Posts
The SP5K case completes the whole presentation and makes it an even more badass package overall. Once I have it SBR'd I'll likely get another set of foam inserts custom cutout to fit the gun in it's new configuration. Love the hard case.
I believe that if you're using the B&T folding stock it will still close just fine with the stock foam, though I haven't tried.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I believe that if you're using the B&T folding stock it will still close just fine with the stock foam, though I haven't tried.
Yeah, but my concern isn't the case not being able close with a folder attached, but ensuring there are cutouts in place to accommodate an optic and fore grip, and perhaps a can and a few spare mags residing on the opposite side of the case if there's enough space to work around the side folder.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Yeah, but my concern isn't the case not being able close with a folder attached, but ensuring there are cutouts in place to accommodate an optic and fore grip, and perhaps a can and a few spare mags residing on the opposite side of the case if there's enough space to work around the side folder.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
i think you are going to need a bigger case.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts