HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
I like it. I own the German 'preban' models (sp89/hk94) as well and the quality is on par. It takes a little extra work to convert it to K specs vs the SP89, but not by much. Its kind of a pain that I cant just slip on my other SP89 trigger housings since the shelf has been changed, but not a big deal. Performs no differently in a select fire role as the converted sp89. I paid $2300 shipping included for mine, sales tax free through mail order. That is one good thing about these weapons; I feel no need to hold it in my hands before I buy HK because I know the quality will be there. In the old days of clones you had to look very closely at the weapon before buying, and thankfully those days are pretty much over, but I know a few old timers who had a bad experience with a vector or SW gun that will never buy another US mp5 again. US made HK-style roller locks have come a long way since then, and there are a few true craftsmen who will fully back their products. That being said I've owned a few builds over the years and they were great performers, but they were never as trouble free as the German made models. Heaven forbid if you ever had to sell an mp5, but you'll always get a better return on a German gun. Heck, odds are good that you might even make money.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts