HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started encountering some failures to eject with my HK SP5k. The gun is stock and might have about 700 rounds through it. It was reasonably cleaned and lubed.

I started getting these failures to eject where the case could not even clear the ejection port and would interfere with the feeding of a new round. It happened with Winchester 124 grain FMJ NATO ammo that was bought within the last year. It also happened with American Eagle 124 grain FMJ which was previously 100% reliable in the gun. It happened about once per magazine after I had fired about 100 rounds through the gun. Attached is a photo. I am wondering if anyone has encountered anything similar or has any thoughts on why this might happen with a SP5k that I bought as new with so few rounds through it. Do I need to replace an extractor or a spring or something? Below is a picture that shows the bolt trying to close without ejecting the case which prevents feeding another round.
SP5K malfunction 2.jpg
?

·
Registered
605 Posts
As they said, when you experience certain types of malfunctions in an MP5, the extractor spring is bent slightly but irreparably. You'll usually start to see a steadily increasing rate of malfunctions after this occurs. Invest in a dozen springs and keep them on hand for this sort of thing. Ammo QC is down lately, and I've seen malfunctions with ammo that normally doesnt have problems, in guns that normally run perfectly. Nothing to worry about, though it is an issue 'unique' to the HK rollers.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
2,053 Posts
Can also happen if you use 115/124 ammo unsuppressed with an 80 degree locking piece. But most likely culprit is extractor spring.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Never remove the extractor spring without replacing. I think of them like used condoms. 😂👌
Buy in bulk and replace after every 5K round intervals. 700 rounds seem like a very low count on a spring, but any FTF or FTE bend the **** out of the spring.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Guys, a question. Is it the same extractor spring that fits on the HK94 bolt or do each gun have their own style extractor spring?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Would you be able to provide an update on this please. I have a Sp5k as well and would like to know what to do if this ever happened to me. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts