HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
354 Posts

My concern with a "brace" is the fact that we all know this is a case of "wink, wink, nod, nod" when it comes to effectively making a SBR out of a pistol, unless anyone is actually going to tell us with a straight face that they do in fact simply strap it on to their forearm and not shoulder it as they would a rifle. :) The ATF has made it crystal clear that shouldering a "brace" is in fact making a "pistol" into a SBR.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SP5K is a civilian semi-auto MP5K.
MP5K stocks should work fine on it.
Believe many parts are interchangeable between them.
Call HKCS.
Thanks, but on the HK site there are only folding stocks.
The adaptor mentioned above may indeed solve it, a regular stock can be attached.

Plan B would be blocking the standard one...
European gun laws may be more restricting in the future and a fixed stock can solve it.
Minimum length will be 60cm but the stock can only be a folding type if you can not use the arm.
It's not the law yet but chances are big it will change.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Thanks, but on the HK site there are only folding stocks.
The adaptor mentioned above may indeed solve it, a regular stock can be attached.

Plan B would be blocking the standard one...
European gun laws may be more restricting in the future and a fixed stock can solve it.
Minimum length will be 60cm but the stock can only be a folding type if you can not use the arm.
It's not the law yet but chances are big it will change.
I've got the fixed brace on mine
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=136

It's not really a stock, but it could work like one - LOL!
May still be too short though?
The gun is super compact.

·
Banned
354 Posts
No offense, but why would you want to defeat the whole purpose of the K model of the MP5 design? They are "K" = short and that folding stock is a big reason for that. Why slap a fixed stock on it?

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
No offense, but why would you want to defeat the whole purpose of the K model of the MP5 design? They are "K" = short and that folding stock is a big reason for that. Why slap a fixed stock on it?
Guys not in the US.
Folding makes the gun too short to be legal there I'm guessing.
Sounds like the short barrel is no problemo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup.
Now the law is 60cm which it just measures.
It is registered as a rifle.
Future European laws will probably prohibit folding stocks if the weapon is less than 60 cm closed.
If you can't shoot it closed it may keep the folding stock.
The law hasn't changed yet but I would like to be prepared in case it does change.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yup.
Now the law is 60cm which it just measures.
It is registered as a rifle.
Future European laws will probably prohibit folding stocks if the weapon is less than 60 cm closed.
If you can't shoot it closed it may keep the folding stock.
The law hasn't changed yet but I would like to be prepared in case it does change.
Current Dutch law recognizes the sp5k as a pistol. Interesting that Belgium considers it a rifle.

Also, Dutch law currently requires 30/60cm for barrel/overall length for rifles, but does permit a folding stock (assuming length requirements are not violated). There is no Dutch stipulation about firing/not firing with stock folded.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know. but it is over here.
New European laws mention what I said. However, it isn't ratified yet.
I managed to find a fixed stock, so I guess I'll be covered should it change. Thanks caf82313!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts