HKPRO Forums banner

SP5K Mag Release & Best Upgrades Help

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Ryce4u 
#1 ·
I’m a fairly new owner of an HK SP5K that I fell into a ridiculously great deal with and thought I would be just “Flipping” the setup to get into something else since I recently switched to 10mm, but after showing my wife how to shoot it and her comment
“You are keeping this one, huh?”...I’ve decided to keep it and enjoy, but want to make some of the basic upgrades.

The first thing I’m wanting to add is a collapsible brace and the only one I’ve seen that’s reasonable is the Safety Harbor KES with tail hook. If there’s any others that replicate the collapsing brace/stock look, I’d like to know. The next is the mag release paddle, but I’m not sure how to know if there is a kit that does this or if welding and a gunsmith are required..?

I’ve tried looking through the site, but only get fragments of conversations or tangents that don’t get me anywhere.

Any help and direct links are appreciated..!
Thanks

#5 ·
German one is $130 - I understand that it's fairly easy to install... caveat is stated above ^^^^^^^^^^

The US version is $80 - looks like the same pieces as the German one

#7 ·
Here is a picture of the date code which will help with the guidance on this request...

I was hoping that I would be able to use the drop-in setup over needing to utilize a gunsmith anywhere around me since there's only HK Dealers and not really anyone that I would trust with working on this weapon.

As far as the US vs German paddle setup goes I'm not really hung up on it needing to be pure German, but the thought did enter my mind of there being a difference so thanks for answering that.

Also if there's any other accessories or handy items to keep on hand I'm definitely open to buying some with all that is going on and the fluctuation of available parts.

Thanks to everyone for responding!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.