HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Updated / Problem Solved:
Remembered I had picked up a spare Silencer Co Adapter/Mount. Tried it out and it fit like a glove. Original must have been a bit out of spec.

Original Post:
Just got Upper back with 3-Lug Barrel, while trying out Octane 9 HD with 3-lug adapter, adapter will not lock to barrel, as it interferes with front section of sight / barrel area.

Looks like Griffin Armament 3-Lug Adapter will rectify this (maybe).

So, anybody else using Octane 9 HD with their SP5K 3-luv barrel, & if so what adapter?

Other advice?

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
I have used Griffin, rugged, and silencerco 3-lug mounts on my RS with RCM barrel. What barrel is in your sp5k?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would write to MM and see what they say. I have some MKE's with three barrels and have tried both the SICO and Rugged mounts with my Octane. Both fit.

·
LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG
HK4 (4 cal), HK45T, P7PSP, P7M13, P30SKS, MARK23, SBRs: SP5, SP5K, Z5-RS, USC/UMP
379 Posts
I have MM's barrel on my SP5K and both the SiCo and Rugged 3-lug adapter work with my Octane 45.

The SiCo went on easier and the Rugged adapter spring had more tension but went on without a hitch.

I've also attached the AAC flash hider when I didn't have the can on and it fits as well.

2017-01-10 15.53.45.jpg

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Just got Upper back with 3-Lug Barrel, while trying out Octane 9 HD with 3-lug adapter, adapter will not lock to barrel, as it interferes with front section of sight / barrel area.

Looks like Griffin Armament 3-Lug Adapter will rectify this (maybe).

So, anybody else using Octane 9 HD with their SP5K 3-luv barrel, & if so what adapter?

Other advice?
Is the issue that the back of the SciCo adapter is bottoming out on the face of the cocking tube dust cover before you are able to slide past the back of the lugs and turn the can to seat it?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the issue that the back of the SciCo adapter is bottoming out on the face of the cocking tube dust cover before you are able to slide past the back of the lugs and turn the can to seat it?
Yes! Plan on putting pick up, this job thing is in my way today!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Yes! Plan on putting pick up, this job thing is in my way today!
I have confirmed with a dial caliper that some covers have an ever so slightly thicker face that will just barely prevent select adapters from sliding past the rear lug shoulder.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Updated Original Post as well.

Remembered I had picked up a spare Silencer Co Adapter/Mount. Tried it out and it fit like a glove. Original must have been a bit out of spec.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts