HKPRO Forums banner

1061 - 1080 of 1252 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting - I wonder how many they are sending out.

I've been dismayed a few times by certain websites and their email notification process. GrabAGun for one seems to not always be consistent in the product listing they are using - so you can set up a notification on and one the new product is listed as a "new item".

Midway had "Coming Soon" listed on SP5s (both 30 and 10 round) for months. The 30 round sp5 is showing as "New" and now listed as Sold out - but I never got the email in-stock notification. You have to wonder if they are notifying their list on a wave basis and not everyone at once. I can see some of these places having thousands of people signing up...

Some smaller gun shops I bet give priority to VIPs/Big Spenders/Long standing relationships, but I bet for the most part are sold above MSRP.

I really think the only hope is stumble across one at a Scheels or getting lucky on the internet email notification lottery at Midway or PSA...
I actually know what happened with the one from Midway... because I bought it. I've been using a website monitor to check a bunch of websites that stock the SP5, Midway included. It went available last Tuesday (10/6) at around 11:53 AM Pacific. I bought one from there and it immediately went from Mixed Availability to Coming Soon and finally back to Out of Stock, No Backorder. Since then, Grabagun has gotten 2 ($2999), Sportsman's Warehouse has gotten ~10 ($2799), and I think a big distributor got a few because it became available on multiple sites at the same time (These ones ranged between $2100 to $2400). The distributor one ended up with a few canceled orders according to people on /r/MP5 on reddit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I actually know what happened with the one from Midway... because I bought it. I've been using a website monitor to check a bunch of websites that stock the SP5, Midway included. It went available last Tuesday (10/6) at around 11:53 AM Pacific. I bought one from there and it immediately went from Mixed Availability to Coming Soon and finally back to Out of Stock, No Backorder. Since then, Grabagun has gotten 2 ($2999), Sportsman's Warehouse has gotten ~10 ($2799), and I think a big distributor got a few because it became available on multiple sites at the same time (These ones ranged between $2100 to $2400). The distributor one ended up with a few canceled orders according to people on /r/MP5 on reddit.
How much was the one that you got from Midway?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I might be able to confirm a new batch has arrived. Just paid for #579, pick it up Saturday. $2650 with damn Mi tax.
Just picked mine up today and am around 20 from you. Did SP5 just start with 271-006XXX? Or is there 6k of them out in the wild right now?

EDIT: Didn't realize I was still in the -PDW thread. The above might not be applicable now.

·
HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
1,207 Posts
Just picked mine up today and am around 20 from you. Did SP5 just start with 271-006XXX? Or is there 6k of them out in the wild right now?

EDIT: Didn't realize I was still in the -PDW thread. The above might not be applicable now.

PDW's start with 273- and until that post I posted, there was thought to be less that 500 in the country. Nobody has confirmed a number higher than 466. Mine being 579 just gives others more hope of obtaining one of these.

This thread (link below) is keeping track of them. There is one for SP5's as well but there are just too many now and they are old news.... lol....

SP5K - PDW SN's

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,608 Posts
Interesting. I have been on that list for months. The advertised price was $2299.00. Glad you snagged it. I live ten minutes from Midway.

·
HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
1,207 Posts
You found a SP5K PDW in stock? Is it confirmed a new batch of SP5K PDW’s are in the country?

Another batch, only speculation. But, I put myself on wait lists of two different dealers here in my state the day PDW's were announced. I received a phone call from 1 dealer back in Aug. Got the second call from other dealer today, serial numbers are almost 500 apart. That would have been cool if they were exactly.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Sure hope the next batch is inbound.

I paid in full weeks ago at GT and I'm first on the list at a large dealer.

1061 - 1080 of 1252 Posts